Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar cost

W

Wondering Star

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all
Just purchased a new Beach and need to find a reputable townar fitter in the Cambridge/Cambridgeshire area.
The vehicle was already in VW stock and matched my spec but with out towbar or wiring.

So do I have fitted a Whitter bar, nervous!
Or Go for a Westfelia fit or get the dealer to fit and cough up the £1000 ouch!
Don't mind travelling but just want a decent job done.
Tow bar will be used to carry bike on a rack I already own.
Many thanks
Paul

Paul, wherever you get it fitted, ascertain that they can access the necessary VW code to cut off the rear sensors when the rack is plugged in.
Tom

SatNavsystems Chertsey - google search
Or find old thread on this site.
Original westfalia equipment same as factory fit, excellent service, will travel to do a mobile fitting service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go

The van in the photos is mine, several others on here have used them and found them to be excellent also.

They can retro fit pretty much any factory item

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all
Just purchased a new Beach and need to find a reputable townar fitter in the Cambridge/Cambridgeshire area.
The vehicle was already in VW stock and matched my spec but with out towbar or wiring.

So do I have fitted a Whitter bar, nervous!
Or Go for a Westfelia fit or get the dealer to fit and cough up the £1000 ouch!
Don't mind travelling but just want a decent job done.
Tow bar will be used to carry bike on a rack I already own.
Many thanks
Paul

Westfalia Dealer. Full wiring as per VW + coding.
Fitting Centres and Mobile fitting service.

Collecting our van in two weeks and need to fit a tow bar.
Van purchased has no tow prep, have been quoted by reputable company £883 to fit removable Westfelia with coding.
All joints will be soldered.
Is this price competative?
Based in Cambridge.

Think I paid around 780, including 4 genuine vw mud flaps fitted at the same time.

Collecting our van in two weeks and need to fit a tow bar.
Van purchased has no tow prep, have been quoted by reputable company £883 to fit removable Westfelia with coding.
All joints will be soldered.
Is this price competative?
Based in Cambridge.
It is in the Ball Park. You could check out PFJones. They can supply and fit genuine VW/Westfalia Towbar with coding etc:. They have a number of facilities and also offer a mobile fitting service.

My local dealer recommended PF Jones too. I believe as well you can often be charged for having towbar prep so it may be better you don't

curious .. did you get one fitted and how did it go? How many pins should you spec? I am pondering at the mo.

I got a Westfalia detachable towbar supplied and fitted by a local independent for £400 all-in. The parts are about £200 and fitting took about three hours. VW dealers just charge like raging bulls for fitting them.

Plus 1 for Pf Jones
Great service and on a California I was tempted to buy a while back the quoted around £700 for the Westfalia detachable fitted inc vat
In the end I didn’t buy the van but I have had quite a few towbars and looms from them

curious .. did you get one fitted and how did it go? How many pins should you spec? I am pondering at the mo.

Sorry forgot to answer that bit. I went for 7-pin as only want to tow a trailer and very unlikely to ever want to pull a caravan. But you can still tow something that has 13-pin electrics using a 7-pin towbar, you just use a cheap adapter between the plug and the socket. (Of course the extra pin six circuits wouldn't work, eg for caravan fridge.)

But if re-saleability was something that bothered you, in case a future owner wanted to pull a caravan, a 13-pin towbar would then make sense provided it didn't cost much more to fit.

Back