Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar fitters - recommendations and what to avoid

S

Sue Harris

Harryrm
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi

We are looking at getting a tow bar fitted retrospectively to our 2018 California Ocean. Went on to the Westfalia site and searched for local fitters. Called one that has a website, and seemed to be decent and established, wanting to understand what exactly we needed, how the wiring kit was fitted, if having the spare tyre under-mounted would affect what we could have etc etc but ended the call with a quote but no better understanding. We don't want a bodge job....

So would appreciate insight into the pitfalls we should look out for. And if anyone has any recommendations for fitters in the North West London / Bucks/ Herts / Middx area that would be great.

Thank you

I had mine retrofitted by VW due to having a reversing camera and also not wanting to impact my extended warranty.

PF Jones sell the Westfalia original equipment ones and have nationwide fitters, some who come to you etc. I used one of their kits on mine.

Some people prefer their Cali to go to a workshop to avoid the bumper etc. being taken off on your drive/street.

I'm localish to you, there aren't lots of places to choose from. GT Towing at Hatfield are established/professional etc. but not sure how used to Cali they are. I've used them for other things.

Good luck.