Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar fitters

california kid

california kid

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All.

Can anyone recommend a good tow bar fitter in the Salisbury, Bournemouth area our California does not have tow bar prep, I am aware that the electrics do need to be programmed to the California.
I would also like to make sure the parking sensors deactivate,and the rear fogs lights do not remain on while connected to the towing vehicle.
I am asking as one of the forum members may have had one fitted recently and may give a good recommendation.

Thank you

Alan.

Hi I just looked through my diary and found the following from when I had mine fitted back in April 2016.
Small company but def recommend.

Kev

Phil Taylor Towbars, Unit 1 enterprise, Industrial estate, Horndean, Hampshire, Po8 0BB 02392549675/ 02392599911 WESTFALIA DETACHABLE TOWBAR FITTING £560 INC VAT PROPER INSTALLATION INC CODING.

Hi Kevthegas.

Thank you for the info I will give them a call tomorrow if open.
Otherwise will phone Monday.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Alan.

Check out Hampshire Towbars. Give Dave at Hampshire Towbars a call on 07595 908612

Absolute gent and he knows what he is doing. Based out of Eastleigh and can come home to fit.

Kurien.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Kurien.

Thank you for your reply, I have used Hampshire tow bars for years,
Unfortunately they will not get involved with the towing electrics on a California.

I have however spoken with a Lady called Pam at Phil Taylor tow bars at Kevs
Recommendation who is very knowledgeable, will have our California’s tow bar
Fitted in new year.

Cheers Kev for the recommendation will keep you posted when Our tow bar is fitted.

Alan.

Hi Kurien.

Thank you for your reply, I have used Hampshire tow bars for years,
Unfortunately they will not get involved with the towing electrics on a California.

I have however spoken with a Lady called Pam at Phil Taylor tow bars at Kevs
Recommendation who is very knowledgeable, will have our California’s tow bar
Fitted in new year.

Cheers Kev for the recommendation will keep you posted when Our tow bar is fitted.

Alan.

Let me know how it goes please because I'm not far away and thinking of the same for mine.

Hi Walrus.

No problem will keep you informed, Pam the lady I spoke to today certainly knows her stuff.
As we tow a caravan we need the full works.
Live feed for fridge
Parking sensors to be off when connected to the caravan
Fog lights off when connected to caravan.
Plus the additional bumber section that fits onto the top of the tow bar before the
Bumber is refitted, this stops the top of the bumber from flexing.
Also programmed to our California
Our California does not have trailer prep.
Pam informed me it would take about 1.5 hrs to fit.
Also there are a couple of pubs close by so will take The Wife for lunch while we wait.

Alan

Hi Walrus.

No problem will keep you informed, Pam the lady I spoke to today certainly knows her stuff.
As we tow a caravan we need the full works.
(cut)
Also there are a couple of pubs close by so will take The Wife for lunch while we wait.

Alan
Wow that sounds like a lot to do in 90 minutes! I just want to tow a bike trailer. They sound like a good firm. I look froward to hearing how it goes. Enjoy your lunch.