Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar recommendations ?

Paul1

Paul1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
finding it really frustrating to find a tow bar fitter or company who's willing to fit a Westfalia detachable bar and Westfalia dedicated wiring kit to my Joker. Despite having a couple of minor warranty jobs done at my local VW dealer (Chelmsford ) they quoted £945 to do the job then had Westy in workshop and then come to the conclusion they couldn't do it. Some company's have said they don't get involved with campers and others just give me the runaround . When explaining to them I insist the wiring goes under the van so not to disturb the interior seems to be a problem. Does anyone know or recommend a good knowledgeable company reasonably near Colchester who's had a towbar fitted ??

finding it really frustrating to find a tow bar fitter or company who's willing to fit a Westfalia detachable bar and Westfalia dedicated wiring kit to my Joker. Despite having a couple of minor warranty jobs done at my local VW dealer (Chelmsford ) they quoted £945 to do the job then had Westy in workshop and then come to the conclusion they couldn't do it. Some company's have said they don't get involved with campers and others just give me the runaround . When explaining to them I insist the wiring goes under the van so not to disturb the interior seems to be a problem. Does anyone know or recommend a good knowledgeable company reasonably near Colchester who's had a towbar fitted ??
I would try here. http://www.pfjones.co.uk/
They supply the kits, have a fitting service and I think they have agents as well. But they are very good.

Thanks, have already tried

Thanks , already tried pfjones , chap at head office was helpful but local fitter didn't seem keen, perhaps they don't want to lie on floor and get under van. Would prefer a proper workshop where they could use a ramp. Will try Hazzydays, fingers crossed.

Thanks , already tried pfjones , chap at head office was helpful but local fitter didn't seem keen, perhaps they don't want to lie on floor and get under van. Would prefer a proper workshop where they could use a ramp. Will try Hazzydays, fingers crossed.
I had my Westfalia detachable fitted by Ed at Celtic Motorhomes. Mines a Caravelle but same as far as fitting is concerned.

Back