Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Transparent bumper protector

whistlingdogg

whistlingdogg

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I've got one of those transparent bumper protectors from the forum shop. The instructions say to only apply in temps > 14oC. Has anyone successfully applied this in lower temps as I don't want to wait till the summer for this.

Just warm it and the bumper with a hair dryer.

I've got one of those transparent bumper protectors from the forum shop. The instructions say to only apply in temps > 14oC. Has anyone successfully applied this in lower temps as I don't want to wait till the summer for this.
I did mine last Saturday, outside in the cold (about 6 degrees I think). You will need to warm up the protector itself before attempting to peel off the backing - just hold the free end and blow warm air from a hair dryer onto the rolled up protector and it will unroll itself.

Then, as @sidepod says, warm up the bumper a bit, stick the protector down and then spend 10-15 minutes working from the middle to each end with your hairdryer and a selection of hard and soft implements to stick it down firmly without any air bubbles.

About an inch or so of the protector folds over the edge of the bumper, and that was the most awkward bit, but your hairdryer is your friend.

I suspect that it is much easier in the summer, but by then my bumper would be covered in dog scratches.

Back