Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel crates

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Any recommendations please for very easy to assemble lightweight dog crates? Needs to be made of fairly robust fabric as will house a thug of a border terrier! Want to use it for travel and for containing him outside for short periods when I have the van door open.

We've had several of these. We've used them at home and travelling. Reasonably strong and fold flat to the size of the base and a couple of inches thick. Pretty sure we have the 24" for our border terrier. I'll measure it tomorrow.

D2B 24" 30" 36" 42" 48" Dog Cage Crates Puppy Pet Carrier Training With ABS Tray (24") https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015PNB3GQ/?tag=eliteelect-21

I use sortlike @MKRW suggest above , lightwieght folds flat to a few inch. sits on the rear shelf when not in use.

We've used a pop-up/collapsible DogBag for our lab for the last two years He has slept/travelled in it all over Europe and loves it. Just google DogBag.

We recently got one of these from Amazon. Very happy so far, surprisingly good quality for something so inexpensive. Their 'large' size is really for a medium size dog only, although plenty big enough for our working cocker (she is quite long in body). It fits lengthways on rear shelf in our SE, and very quick to fold down flat when we need to.

upload_2017-3-3_8-9-7.png

We've used a pop-up/collapsible DogBag for our lab for the last two years He has slept/travelled in it all over Europe and loves it. Just google DogBag.

I have never seen these before and like the fact that they fold down so small. Do you put it on the back seat for travelling and are the seat belt attachments easy to use? I am also wondering if you could use the anchoring straps on the base to peg down when on site? If he saw a rabbit (or anything else small and furry) I have visions of it somersaulting across the ground! Terriers eh...who would have them?

Like the look of these what size do you use for your lab ?

We use a fabric one, for the car.....both ends unzip and it folds flat.
Much lighter than the metal we use at home.
http://www.cagesworld.co.uk/p/Lazy_...gle-shopping&gclid=CKiG5_riudICFU6eGwodeX0JRA

We have one of these too, they come in lots of sizes, very good, sturdy enough for two spaniels and fold completely flat for travel. we don't use it in the van when travelling though. They have seat belt harnesses for inside. We use it outside for somewhere for them to sit or occasionally if we are preparing food and don't want them near the hot stuff.

I have never seen these before and like the fact that they fold down so small. Do you put it on the back seat for travelling and are the seat belt attachments easy to use? I am also wondering if you could use the anchoring straps on the base to peg down when on site? If he saw a rabbit (or anything else small and furry) I have visions of it somersaulting across the ground! Terriers eh...who would have them?
We leave it erected all of the time and travel with it on the floor between the seats. It is almost wedged between the seats and the Velcro on the bottom grips the carpet. We fold it flat in order to move it which takes two seconds. We've never needed to anchor it on site - much of the time it is inside a three-sided Comfortz awning attachment. If not we use a rotating tethering spike with a ten foot lead. He's happy to travel and nap in it with the door open but, when he's ready for bedtime, he still insists that he's zipped in, otherwise he lets us know!

IMG_2356.JPG
Like the look of these what size do you use for your lab ?
We use the large (not the extra large) and it is plenty big enough for him to turn round and stand up in.
See attached photo.