Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel insurance when awaiting tests

Ting Tong

Ting Tong

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I’m awaiting a biopsy but it’s practically impossible to get travel insurance if you are honest and disclose that you are awaiting any kind of test results. I’m concerned that they could refuse a costly claim for something unrelated if I don’t disclose it.

Staysure will do it but it’s very expensive despite the fact that they obviously won’t cover anything related to the undiagnosed issue.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations please?

I’m awaiting a biopsy but it’s practically impossible to get travel insurance if you are honest and disclose that you are awaiting any kind of test results. I’m concerned that they could refuse a costly claim for something unrelated if I don’t disclose it.

Staysure will do it but it’s very expensive despite the fact that they obviously won’t cover anything related to the undiagnosed issue.

Hope your results are good.

I cant help with your specific query but would also recommend that if you think you may need insurance in the next few years that you don't go on any sort of trial. If you have treatment but can't state exactly what drugs you've had you won't get insurance.

I ended up with Staysure as they were the only ones who gave Covid cover subject to County visited being cleared by UK for travel plus my Wife having Bone Cancer, post operation.
Like you I found most Insurers are only looking for very low risk Customers to guarantee a profit.

Staysure gave 15 months for 12 month price. Got it on renewal also, with a bit of telephone time,
As you found not cheap compared to what it cost pre Covid & cancer issue.

We normally take annual worldwide cover for 2 but, as we're unlikely to be going far afield, the Staysure quote dropped from £360 to £180 so we went with that.

Have you thought about your bank? Most offer a package of cover like travel, breakdown etc as incentives for changing your current account to a monthly fee type. No recent experience, but previously found the travel insurance is provided without fuss.

Have you thought about your bank? Most offer a package of cover like travel, breakdown etc as incentives for changing your current account to a monthly fee type. No recent experience, but previously found the travel insurance is provided without fuss.
These policies have many restrictions and many refuse cover if you happen to answer Yes to any screening Question.

LV travel insurance is good for people with pre existing conditions, may cover for tests as well. Worth a go.