Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travel to EU may not be straightforward next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the topic...
which I believe was EU countries denying access from UK travellers after 1st January due to COVID19.
This now seems to be being applied from WITHIN the UK to stop the transmission of the new strain of the virus.
At least that’s what I take from the announcement from Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnson in the last hour or so.
Sadly I fear the whole country will be back to full LD very soon. The stated 0.4 higher R of the new strain is striking and a huge game changer I think.

A lot of the recent posts don’t seem to relate to the original post.
There was no discussion about Brexit negotiations. It was about how UK travellers would be welcomed, or not, from January 1st 2021, with or without a deal.
At least, that was how I read the article.
Maybe others could read it as well before posting.

A lot of the recent posts don’t seem to relate to the original post.
There was no discussion about Brexit negotiations. It was about how UK travellers would be welcomed, or not, from January 1st 2021, with or without a deal.
At least, that was how I read the article.
Maybe others could read it as well before posting.
I understand that, but the whole way we relate to the EU is about the arrangements going forward on 1st January, so yes it does relate to the negotiations with the EU

No its Cod actually. Suggest you check your facts before you mention random fish names.
And there was me thinking that the UK gets its lions share of cod
from Norwigien and Islandic waters...

And there was me thinking that the UK gets its lions share of cod
from Norwigien and Islandic waters...
Yes of course they do. But given we are leaving the EU in 12 days time as already agreed, we are planning to take back control of our waters in the same way we control our land mass. If we catch fish that EU countries want we sell it to them, When Icelandic and Norwegian vessels catch cod they sell it to us. Its import export and we just need to agree tarriffs between us. True we need to build our fleets up again to compensate for the overfishing that happens now in our waters and that will take time.

Away from the fish and back to the OP: the Dutch and Belgians are now banning Brits flying into their countries. France is likely to follow suit. And with the fear/expectation that Tier 4 will be in place for several months it looks like the continent becomes a no-go-zone for British holidayers, possibly up to next summer.

Edit:
And Austra
And Italy
And Germany
And Scotland
Who's next?

Last edited:
Male elite everywhere think it is ok to exploit women, and I'm afraid the jingoistic nationalist finger pointing simply does not work. We all have our good, we all have our bad, and ok, perhaps I'm biased being 25% French-arabic but equally there are some wonderfully enchanting people of all nationalities.

This thread is about travelling to the EU, and I think many of us can say, probably a large majority of us here, France has been a favourite destination,

As many of the commentariat have today highlighted, the sovereign nations in the EU have shut down UK travel because of the variant strain, imagine that, control of one’s borders.

I wonder if the fish are complying?
I think that was my point 3 days ago... before I received all the wonderful negative comments from people trying to argue Brexit.
And it’s not even 1st January yet...
So the OP post about travel and potential restrictions did not relate to fish.

This thread is going back to where it started .... travel within the UK .... and light-hearted comments included.

Anything else deleted.

The original post was ages ago, many changes have been
made since.
Love fish and chips but i don't mind if this thread gets twisted
to a burger and chips, its all good.
Thanks for the bait. Good luck finding someone to bite.

This thread is going back to where it started .... travel within the UK .... and light-hearted comments included.

Anything else deleted.
The original thread was potential travel restrictions being imposed on people from the UK after 1st January 2021 due to COVID.
That was then became a debate about Brexit (which I tried to stop and got humiliated for).
And now those same EU countries have blocked travel BEFORE Brexit is finalised.
So, as per the OP and my interpretation of the post, this is about COVID and not about politics.

Chill out,
without a bit of banter what is a forum.
Banter is fine. But when the topic goes off piste and the mod is under attack fro trying to bring it back. Then it’s not very nice.
And please be aware, many people are not in their normal mental state.
We are currently coming to terms with an agility colleague taking their life unexpectedly.
So if you can be kind, be kind.
And banter is always welcome, provided it is not personal.
Hope that is ok?

Chill out,
without a bit of banter what is a forum.

Agreed.

However when a thread gets hijacked by the "same old" it gets tedious for the 99% of forum members wanting to move on from the "same old"

I am sure we are all in the same boat, the new covid striking nations just in the same way the old covid did, every nation thinks they've got it right until the crashed health systems waves it's two fingers and says "No, you did not".

The travel situation in Europe and Intra-Europe is changing daily, a big concern for our members so we are going back to topic and away from bitching,.

The travel situation in Europe and Intra-Europe is changing daily, a big concern for our members so we are going back to topic and away from bitching,.
Indeed. France is about to stop exports of sprouts from Brussels to Britain through its territory, and everything else.*

The vaccine comes from Belgium - how will they get that in?

*Edit: Not a complete closure. Lorries of sprouts from Brussels via France will still be allowed to enter Britain but the driver will not be permitted to return home.

Indeed. France is about to stop exports of sprouts from Brussels to Britain through its territory, and everything else.*

The vaccine comes from Belgium - how will they get that in?

*Edit: Not a complete closure. Lorries of sprouts from Brussels via France will still be allowed to enter Britain but the driver will not be permitted to return home.
I understand the Pfizer vaccine is being flown in.

I think it's fair to say that with the current alarm being expressed by the latest mutation of SARS-CoV-2 the whole question of travelling anywhere, within Europe, the world or from Wigan to Warrington is so much in the air this thread has now run it's course, especially as the last 30 or so posts have been more about personal angst and less about meaningful contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back