Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Treyanon Bay

Granny1

Granny1

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just got back from an early morning visit to Treyanon Bay. Breathtaking. Beach was empty. Our first trip out. Took Jack, our golden retriever, his first time in Westley, and in a crate. He's 14 now so we were not sure he would take to it, luckily he loved it.

As a small child I lived at Porthcothan Bay, just around the corner from Treyarnon - I'll never fprget how beautiful it was!

Lovely! Another addition to 'Team Blue’ :thumb

Drove Westley for the first time yesterday, normally drive a Peugeot 206 SWB, so this is slightly bigger. Went to Davidstow airfield first, a big open space, to get the feel of him, then took off down the A30. Felt great.

Booked into Kelynack for this weekend.

Drove Westley for the first time yesterday, normally drive a Peugeot 206 SWB, so this is slightly bigger. Went to Davidstow airfield first, a big open space, to get the feel of him, then took off down the A30. Felt great.

Booked into Kelynack for this weekend.
We're at Treen on Saturday, we'll look out for you...

We're at Treen on Saturday, we'll look out for you...
On the Treen website it says their having a vw weekend in September. Hoping to visit Porthcurno this weekend, as we only have til the end of the month to take the dog there.

I should have said "Blutiful". :)

As a small child I lived at Porthcothan Bay, just around the corner from Treyarnon - I'll never fprget how beautiful it was!

My parents used to rent a small coastguard cottage there, with steps down to the beach, in the early 60s. We had some lovely holidays there. Going down to the beach early in the mornings before it got busy. Beautiful place. Lovely memories. Don't know if it is still there or not, must go and look sometime.

On the Treen website it says their having a vw weekend in September. Hoping to visit Porthcurno this weekend, as we only have til the end of the month to take the dog there.
Well I bet there hasn't been many more precarious places for two Cali owners to say hello! Good to meet you even if it was on the fast bend on a main road, my wife thought it was hilarious...I think she called me a geek, yes she did. Hopefully meet for a chat at some point, I hope you had a lovely weekend, Neil

Well I bet there hasn't been many more precarious places for two Cali owners to say hello! Good to meet you even if it was on the fast bend on a main road, my wife thought it was hilarious...I think she called me a geek, yes she did. Hopefully meet for a chat at some point, I hope you had a lovely weekend, Neil
That was a bit bizarre. Your Cali looked great by the way. We had a brilliant weekend, learnt a lot as it was our first time sleeping in it. Very impressed.

Planning on getting a drive away awning, we have the Comfortz sides but does not really work for us. I'm Mandy, hubby is Kirk or Murren on here. Are you going to Brean Sands?.

Hi Mandy
That was a bit bizarre. Your Cali looked great by the way. We had a brilliant weekend, learnt a lot as it was our first time sleeping in it. Very impressed.

Planning on getting a drive away awning, we have the Comfortz sides but does not really work for us. I'm Mandy, hubby is Kirk or Murren on here. Are you going to Brean Sands?.
Hi Mandy, would recommend Arthur's Field at Gerrans, nice walk to Porthscatho and the legendary Hidden Hut. That was where we were off to on the King Harry Ferry, three very nice nights. Too much wine, lots of walking and still working out all the hidden gadgets on the van...I need to do some work at some point!

Thank you. Enjoy it while you can. We've recently retired, happy days!!. Just been plotting a 2 week trip around Wales. Have got an Essex trip end of the month. Might try for a couple of nights back at Kelynack next week.

Hi Granny1 - you might find these threads of some use in planning a journey around Wales. Hotel California went there in June 2016 and asked for suggestions of what to see and where to stay. There were a lot of responses and he took loads of photos of his trip which are in his thread.

Hope you'll take some too and post them for all of us to enjoy.
Simon & Helen

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/meet-in-tewksbury-and-than-arround-wales.14426/
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/q-for-suggestions-on-a-trip-to-wales.12503/
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/camping-in-wales.14875/

Back