Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trier, Germany

G

GeoS4

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
We are coming to the end of a two and a half week jaunt around Europe in our Cali. Staying tonight at the south end start of the Weinstrasse in Germany. Hoping to drive the Weinstrasse tomorrow and then towards Trier tomorrow night, before making our way to Cherbourg for Tuesday. We have stayed a number of times in Campingplatz Igel outside Trier, but it’s only so-so. Any of you well-travelled people able to recommend a nice campsite in that direction? (It doesn’t have to be exactly Trier!). Thanks a million,
GeoS4

There is one right in Trier & only a 10 mins walk from the centre. Right by the river.

I have stayed there and it’s ok. Can’t recall the name but google will reveal.

We've stayed in Trier a few times and always stayed at Campingpark Treviris which is next to the rowing club on the Moselle. It's on the opposite bank of the Moselle to the main shopping area. It's not great but certainly okay for a night or two and you can take a short walk along the river and over the bridge into the main shopping area, 10 minutes.

I’ll second Campingpark Treviris. We stayed their a couple of weeks ago. The facilities were fine and a pleasant 15 min walk into the centre of Trier.

Sounds like the one we overnighted at a couple of years ago. We thought it was fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies. As we were a long-ish day on the road, we ended up at Campingplatz Igel again - not the prettiest of spots but perfectly fine. We weren’t going into Trier itself this trip so we opted instead for a cycle along the Moselle, just outside the campsite gate. Thanks for the suggestions though, will bookmark Campingpark Treviris for future.