Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trouble ahead....

DoctorBob

DoctorBob

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Slightly worried currently - the spec has changed on the config tool for me between placing order and the build; if anyone has a new T6.1 on order (me) in the last couple of months the likelihood is that you will be getting a MY21 base vehicle - this appears to be minus several options you (me) thought was standard - e.g. led lights, side scan, auto wipers - and also several no cost options that may need to be now ticked to make it resealable/attractive to use - such as seats options and removal of balkhead (?me neither?).... i understand specs change between model years, but never seen a situation where that means standard equipment is removed and will cost you more or bundled with other stuff you don’t want post placing the order....

What does your order / build spec say?
Legally you get what you ordered or you get you money back !

The bulk head removal is for the transporter. Are you looking at the correct configurator?

... but never seen a situation where that means standard equipment is removed and will cost you more or bundled with other stuff you don’t want post placing the order....
My 2010 (built in 2009) has mud flaps, ashtray and cigarette lighter, heated seats, front fog lights with cornering function, double glazing, ...
After that (for the T5.1), don't know what year, they removed the mud flaps, ashtray and cigarette lighter, and possible the other "options" too, that were standard for mine, but now you have to pay for that.
And all that with rising prices for less standard items...

Just don' ask... :rolleyes:

saw that and and it appears that in addition to the list in your mail, some stuff is missing from the new models that was standard like
Auto wipers unless you buy a pack..

Hi Doc Bob ( love the avator and name)
I would check with my dealer that the specifications you ordered is what you will indeed receive, a supplier cannot simply take an order based on specifications agree, then simply change them at some point afterwards without a formal agreement to change the order specifications. You’re probably one of the lucky ones to get all the bells and whistles before thecspec is dumbed down on the configurator for all unprocessed orders. :cheers

Last edited:
Hi Doc Bob ( love the avator and name)
I would check with my dealer that the specifications you ordered is what you will indeed receive, a supplier cannot simply take an order based on specifications agree, them simply change them at some point afterwards without a formal agreement to change the order specifications. You’re probably one of the lucky ones to get all the bells and whistles before thecspec is dumbed down on the configurator for all unprocessed orders. :cheers
Hi Perfectos - thanks! You’re clearly a no.1 super guy!

Yes - I will be following this tack With the deer - but disconcerting none the less..

Hi DB
It’s a load of stress, and a waiting game, but it will be worth the wait.

( the comment above wasn’t lost on me :thumb , you’re obvs of an age ?)

A manufacturer cannot simply change an order spec without your consent.

I would suspect your order form has a weasely wording section that says “specifications may change due to blah blah blah” but two points of law are pertinent, “Goods as described” and if that doesn’t work “Unfair terms and conditions” these both make your contract voidable, am not a lawyer but have had a few run ins! I feel some recompense could be due

Have had confirmation from Dealer that my order is placed and fixed as expected, so worry over. FYI - excellent customer service from CityGate High Wycombe - Richard in sales has been excellent.

Have had confirmation from Dealer that my order is placed and fixed as expected, so worry over. FYI - excellent customer service from CityGate High Wycombe - Richard in sales has been excellent.

Good to hear, the orders locked in at the correct spec.

Richard is a Giant of a man, he’s a lovely chap. :thumb

Back