Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Turbo gasket

S

spitzie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So I noticed some oil on the drive the other day, some booked the Cali in for a check up. It appears that turbo gasket maybe gone, but further investigation is needed. So the Cali has to back in for 3 days in a couple of weeks. She's less than a year old and hasn't done 3000 miles yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The garage says it leaking from the oil feed to or from the turbo, so the turbo needs to be removed and all the oil feed and return pipes checked. It's 5 hours just to remove the turbo and 5 hours to refit.
The Cali can still be driven but I have to check to the oil level every 100 miles and not let it drop below half full, until it can go back in 3 weeks.

Cali back from Dealers after 4 days for the warranty repair.
The fault has traced to a weeping copper washer on the banjo bolt for the oil feeder pipe to the turbo. I'm sure that will make sense to somebody reading this.
Whilst in they did a recall repair 23u8

10 hours total. ? You need to find a new dealer!!!

a banjo bolt allows oil to pass 90 degrees through a fitting and looks like a banjo guitar. they should have a copper washer at both sides or they always leak. if the washers are present a good nip with a spanner always always sorts it

a banjo bolt allows oil to pass 90 degrees through a fitting and looks like a banjo guitar. they should have a copper washer at both sides or they always leak. if the washers are present a good nip with a spanner always always sorts it
Better still, remove the copper washers and re-anneal them by heating to cherry red with a blow torch before refitting.

I was under the impression that "recall 23uB", whatever that was for, perhaps someone can remind me, was applicable only to 140's not 204's. However, I note Spitzie yours is a 204 Ocean, so is it for all Oceans?

Thanks for the info about what a banjo bolt is. I have no idea what the recall was for ' a sensor and software update' was the only information provided.

Back