Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Turbo replacement

B

bedmartin

VIP Member
Help! Engine management light on, gone into limp mode. My local chap looked at it said it was fixed. But light came on again.
Main agent have diagnosed problem as turbo. Quoted £2,700 for replacement with no guarantee that this will fix the problem. They say they cannot be sure until replacement. Charging £450 for diagnosis.
180 hp engine with 31,00 on clock. Registered 2014. I have owned from new

Help! Engine management light on, gone into limp mode. My local chap looked at it said it was fixed. But light came on again.
Main agent have diagnosed problem as turbo. Quoted £2,700 for replacement with no guarantee that this will fix the problem. They say they cannot be sure until replacement. Charging £450 for diagnosis.
180 hp engine with 31,00 on clock. Registered 2014. I have owned from new
Sounds a little suspicious to me. What did your local chap say it was?
Reconditioned Turbos are a lot cheaper than that.
There are 2x turbos on the 180, are they planning on replacing both?

Where do you live? Can anyone recommend a good independent garage near you. I was told by my local VW Van Centre that I needed a new diff on our 4Motion, which we didn't. I'm sorry I have very little confidence in VW Service.

I had this on a brand new T6 204ps at 1200 miles. VW assist guy said turbo failure initially, then said “I’ll just force a pdf regen cycle with my laptop first to see if that clears it”. It did and never happened again. He said an actuator had stuck and in forcing the regen, it ‘unstuck’. (Think I did too many short journeys and hadn’t let it complete the regen cycle before turning it off each time.)
Not saying it’s that but it has to be worth a try.

Back