Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TV in Cali

Grumpy Mike

Grumpy Mike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Read some great stuff on here regarding TV... Just when went to Spain on motorbike previously, felt right out of touch with news etc... Good thing??? No I like the news...

Chance of a 15" Avtex with DVD for around £40...... I havent got my Cali yet and spending like mad to keep sanity.... Question is, are these not wall mountable somewhere "out of the way"? I couldnt be bothered keep getting it out and putting it away..

Anyone got any photographs of mounted TV? On a T5 or T6 Ocean?

Loving the forum... Its an adiction now and fueling my spending whilst I wait.....

Thanks

M

Mount it on the head restraint posts is I understand the best way to go. I think there is a product in the shop here.
TVs in Calis split opinions, but that's the way to do it if you fancy one.

Mount it on the head restraint posts is I understand the best way to go. I think there is a product in the shop here.
TVs in Calis split opinions, but that's the way to do it if you fancy one.

2into1, again I would imagine turning the seats would mean removing the TV??? So thats on and off every day on way to Spain......

So I am wondering if anyone has them mounted to walls, cupboards etc???

Thanks

Read some great stuff on here regarding TV... Just when went to Spain on motorbike previously, felt right out of touch with news etc... Good thing??? No I like the news...

Chance of a 15" Avtex with DVD for around £40...... I havent got my Cali yet and spending like mad to keep sanity.... Question is, are these not wall mountable somewhere "out of the way"? I couldnt be bothered keep getting it out and putting it away..

Anyone got any photographs of mounted TV? On a T5 or T6 Ocean?

Loving the forum... Its an adiction now and fueling my spending whilst I wait.....

Thanks

M
TV is fine in your home country. How do you plan to watch the TV news Abroad?
I personally use my IPad, Elgato for TV at home, on Demand if there is Internet but poor TV signal at home, Films, Internet and even Internet TV if abroad if you have the correct App. Less to carry.

Of course if you are staying in the U.K. Then a TV is fine. A Head Rest Mount is the easiest as @2into1 suggests.

Why oh why.....are ther so many treads on TV's in a campervan?
Drive to the most remote place you think of and forget oubout TV , leave the misery behind .
My 50cent .

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/tv-setup.14473/#post-153715
Hotel man, In some ways I agree. But if I take her indoors shopping................. Hate it.... my son and I can go watch the sport and collect brownie points... I travel with work.... Cleaning out or modifying the van with TV on... I like the news and some documentaries in background.. company.. Also her indoors is more likely to enjoy the trip if she can watch her stuff...

There are benefits and for circa £40 - 50?

Ta

Grumpy man , agree if thats thats what you want , check out the tread in the link and the other links in that thread , there are some pointers in there;)

2into1, again I would imagine turning the seats would mean removing the TV??? So thats on and off every day on way to Spain......

So I am wondering if anyone has them mounted to walls, cupboards etc???

Thanks
Maybe... I think there are quick release mounts, and they can work on either side of the chair.... So it depends on your situation.

There has been one mounted in the cupboard on a swing out arm, but can't find the thread while I'm only on my phone.

Drive to the most remote place you think of and forget oubout TV , leave the misery behind .
My 50cent .

We have not a TV in the van but a carry a DVD player for when we are in those remote places and it is dark - raining and the DAB radio will not pick up a signal. I do not have an issue for those who want a TV

Back