Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tv

R.Hay

R.Hay

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
If using a tv in Cali where do you put it ? ive got an Avtex tv and i know it can use 12v but what about an
aerial, which is best ?

We use a metal coat hanger, but I'm thinking of investing in one of these :)

JBank160113.jpg

We've got the avtex aerial which works fairly well, though the TV stopped powering it years ago so we needed 2 12v sockets which was a bit of a faff in a previous facelift 2009.
We power the TV through the inverter socket these days now we've got an adapter.

We've got the avtex aerial which works fairly well, though the TV stopped powering it years ago so we needed 2 12v sockets which was a bit of a faff in a previous facelift 2009.
We power the TV through the inverter socket these days now we've got an adapter.
Make that PRE facelift.......

if the TV is less than 150w in theory it should work absolutely but inverters can cause interference from my limited experience.

Most TVs are based upon 12v tech anyway but they are stepped down but it may be more efficient to use a 12v tv rather than converting from 12v to 240v and back to 12v. However they are more expensive and you may get enough time to not want the expense.

This article seems good but you may wish to draw (no pun intended) your own conclusion.
https://www.redarc.com.au/faq-tech-tips/inverter-current-draw