Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two tone driving with roof up

J

jeannie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
O dear
Just spotted a white and green two tone Cali driving along A27 Lewes with roof up. If you know anyone with such a van please phone them. Driving fast so obviously do not know

sadly roof pretty twisted
Tried flashing but was in opposite carriageway

I thought that the Cali gave an audible warning if the roof is up and you try to drive away...well ours does.....and yes I have tried this once!

I've repositioned the van on a good few occasions when it's been parked on site with the roof up. The audible warning that the roof's up is a serious nuisance. I can't imagine driving any distance not noticing or ignoring it.

They were probably just having a nap whilst on ACC
Anyone seen the Anchorman…:headbang

sure hope you need lenses and it was a hard top ;-)

I have vacated my CMC pitch and headed towards the exit with my roof up a few times. I always remembered the roof before getting to the gate, but noticed that none of my neighbours ever flagged me down, to highlight my impending disaster!

I really feel for these poor people in the two-tone Cali. Strange that they didn’t hear or feel the wind though - I had a roof latch partially unfasten once on the motorway. The noise and draught above my head was enough to make me pull-over immediately.

An old acquaintance drove a Thames Water tipper lorry along the M25 with the bed raised. Until he hit a bridge with it, closing the motorway on a Friday rush hour...

It's strange how you can even do that without an alarm...(Cali , not tipper)

Do Beach and Coast not have the “open roof alarm” because the roof is manual?

If you drive in reverse you can use the motorway as the airflow goes over the top better.
Na, but that gives downforce and the Cali is already too heavy.

To help the Cali glide along the motorway, the roof up ensures upward force from the roof acting as a reversed spoiler and hence better mileage.

Hats off to the new owner for trying out the hypotheses. Will await the 20000 word thesis now.

Na, but that gives downforce and the Cali is already too heavy.

To help the Cali glide along the motorway, the roof up ensures upward force from the roof acting as a reversed spoiler and hence better mileage.

Hats off to the new owner for trying out the hypotheses. Will await the 20000 word thesis now.
I bet it was Coast owner that chose a Coast to avoid possible issues with the electric roof!

Past a couple of vans (conversions) Recently going down the M1 with the roofs popping up and not strapped down properly, tried to warn the drivers but not had any success.

Back