Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two tone Orange & White T6

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
can anyone tell me anything about this bus or pic as its not a VW scheme .. has someone done it or wrapped it or is it a photoshop?

grrr sorry about typo in title which I cant change or edit now?

can anyone tell me anything about this bus or pic as its not a VW scheme .. has someone done it or wrapped it or is it a photoshop?

The two tone colours are continental models - look for the Cali brochure on the Volkswagen.de website to see them.

you will see the picture posted in media, it is not Cali, think one of the converters do this
note roof and lack of side door

Theres a caravelle in that scheme currently for sale at a vw main dealer £50k

01-1.jpg Citygate Woburn green

Ive just seen the picture of the original orange & white, Obviously not this!!

Theres a caravelle in that scheme currently for sale at a vw main dealer £50k
That's the special edition Generation Six Caravelle. 300 made I'm sure, red lower half with white on top. Only available in DSG.

Why would anyone want to buy a new van thats had a bottom half respray?

They have a red and white one at Listers Coventry, it is also a caravelle though not a Cali.

Indeed , got the two doors in the back , you spot the hinges in you look close....

... and the pop top closure at the front - one of the best Cali vs Conversion features for me is no wind noise from a factory roof.

looks good though, as per other colour thread this week I agree VW could be a little bit more adventurous, though clearly they can already sell more than they can build & don't need my marketing input.

The reason I was intrigued is that afaik the Generation Six SE Caravelle was only available from VW in red/white, blue/silver and a pale green/cream (and only in red/white for UK RHD) so I wondered about the one in orange / white - I know a couple of the UK convertors have done a vinyl wrap T6 two tonecamper conversion for demo buses but had not seen one in this combo - its like the 70s Campmobiles and Microbuses.
I also notice that two tone is becoming taken up by T5 owners more since gen 6 was launched
Personally I really like the effect would not mind having my Olympian Blue Cali painted cream for top half - but that's prob due to having had a Cornflower Blue /Cumulus White Split for most of my life!

DOH fool of a Took now I have seen the pic properly from the link to it I can see its one of those T5 conversion jobs
How to spot a T6 instantly (until the moddding boys catch on) - position and shape of side flashers!
I'll just get ,my coat..

These are a couple of different California's from Germany.... (Photos aren't great quality)
53dd51b516f8ca2790e111f103e54bbf.jpg
37ec631298533273b0a5b574312674a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen orange in one of EU configurators.

Back