Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Type 794 Campingaz regulator possible fault.

Outanbout

Outanbout

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
I purchased a new Type 794 Campingaz regulator to fit onto a recently filled 907 bottle.
Is it normal for gas to flow after opening the regulator valve approx 1 turn and then shut itself off after a further half turn.
I would have expected to open the valve fully, with flow increasing as the valve is opened further.
Is this a faulty regulator?
Is the regulator excess flow valve coming into play (assuming it's fitted with one)?

Your collective thoughts would be much appreciated.

Take care.

Chris.

I purchased a new Type 794 Campingaz regulator to fit onto a recently filled 907 bottle.
Is it normal for gas to flow after opening the regulator valve approx 1 turn and then shut itself off after a further half turn.
I would have expected to open the valve fully, with flow increasing as the valve is opened further.
Is this a faulty regulator?
Is the regulator excess flow valve coming into play (assuming it's fitted with one)?

Your collective thoughts would be much appreciated.

Take care.

Chris.
If its a genuine CampingGAz one the specs say:

This 28mBar regulator safely controls the flow of gas from Campingaz® 901, 904 and 907 Butane refillable cylinders. An added safety feature is the excess flow valve within the regulator to stop the uncontrolled flow of gas, should the connecting hose become severed.

So yes if you've not got anything attached it would cut out. Ive had problems with one before with the regulator sticking closed once the excess flow valve had been triggered.

Thank you for the reply Andyinluton.

I'd connected it all to a two burner Cadac, before opening the regulator valve.
Gas flowed out of the burners at about one turn of the regulator valve, but stopped once I opened the valve approx a further half turn.

Chris.