Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre pressure monitoring

Jaydub

Jaydub

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So our new Beach is supposed to have tyre pressure monitoring as standard.the handbook says when you have checked your tyre pressures press the set button on the dash board. No button! Just a blank. Strangely we have the warning light in the instrument cluster which lights up when ignition comes on.Are we missing something ? Has the button relocated and told no one. Any ideas.

Yes that's the same with ours, the tyre setting is done from within a menu in the dashboard console. I forget where, but page through the options using the steering wheel controls.

paulg said:
Yes that's the same with ours, the tyre setting is done from within a menu in the dashboard console. I forget where, but page through the options using the steering wheel controls.

Ok thanks will have a look.All the others I've seen have the button.

We have a button on ours but ordered when it was an optional extra.

Found it. So it's moved into the drivers information,vehicle settings. Maybe one day the handbooks will update. :lol:

reserves said:
Where is it in settings?
Scroll across in drivers info screen, you have mfd,radio etc then settings, it says only available when vehicle stationary, in to that option you have menus for servicing, language,units and then tyre pressure. You only set once tyre pressures have been measured or tyres changed.Button on the dash was simpler.

Button for us too; progress eh?!
I can't even check the oil in my car properly; the computer does it - do I trust it? No.

I've set it up as per the T5 Forum post on our T5, the tyre symbol now light up in the dash when the key is turned on. I've not tried letting a tyre down 20% to prove it works yet.

A request to those who have the 'SET' switch factory installed, please can you tell me which position it is fitted in.

Rod

I've read here that the setting of the pressure has moved to the DIS.

Maybe that can be enabled with VCDS

Setting facility depends on the instrumentation level of your vehicle and yes I think it can be enabled for both variants.

Still asking for the location of the switch in the dash please.

Rod

reserves said:
Shown as number 9 here if it helps http://www.partsbase.org/vw/transporter ... -vehicles/

From elsewhere The part number of the button is 7E0927121A. It's for the right side of the centre console. For the left side: 7E0927121

I thank you for that info however it has opened a new can of worms. I am also wiring heated rear windows into the van (LWB Hightop Kombi without aircon and originally panel rear doors) and that diagram shows the HRW switch in the same location??

Anyone with the tyre pressure SET switch installed could confirm actual location please.

Rod

Ok, hope someone with the button can let you know :)

I'm sure you know this, but the physical locations of the buttons do not make any difference. VW have the same buttons (ESP for example) in different locations depending on equipment / options installed.

reserves said:
Ok, hope someone with the button can let you know :)

I'm sure you know this, but the physical locations of the buttons do not make any difference. VW have the same buttons (ESP for example) in different locations depending on equipment / options installed.

Thanks 'reserves' but this is only partially correct with a facelift T5 as the switches are shaped. I have the HRW switch (7E0959621C)which is shaped so that it will only fit in the left position in any of the four pairs of locations and seems to be the only option with HRW marking.

I guess that I will end up ordering the 'SET' switch and see how it is shaped, maybe the left or right options actually apply to which end of a pair the switch is shaped to fit. Time will tell.

Rod

Hi, here's a photo of ours.

image.jpg

Thanks 'Looby' very much obliged.

Rod

PS Does your avatar indicate that you are a Beetle owner as well?

rod_vw said:

Rod

Sadly no, the picture is from a slide of our family car in the late 60's when I was a child. I'm afraid that apart from our Cali, my only other vw vehicle is my Lego T1 campervan - it was a self build :D

Looby said:
rod_vw said:

Rod

Sadly no, the picture is from a slide of our family car in the late 60's when I was a child. I'm afraid that apart from our Cali, my only other vw vehicle is my Lego T1 campervan - it was a self build :D
I've got one of those too!

Back