Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre pressure

Grant Foster

Grant Foster

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good morning,

I had an alert come up on the dashboard re tyre pressure

Is there a standard PSI at which the front and rear tyres should be set at please?

I'm afraid I don't understand the PSI information on the inside of the driver door. could someone help me interpret it please?!

Many thanks
G

IMG_9187.jpg

Good morning,

I had an alert come up on the dashboard re tyre pressure

Is there a standard PSI at which the front and rear tyres should be set at please?

I'm afraid I don't understand the PSI information on the inside of the driver door. could someone help me interpret it please?!

Many thanks
G

View attachment 27255
Depending on the size of the tyres fitted the air pressure is as shown, ie if fully loaded 215/60 operate at 54 psi front and rear.
Most pressure gauges are marked with psi and bar.
Sometimes after a long run the dashboard indicator alert comes on, check and if all tyres at correct pressures just reset. Obviously if one is low pressure get it repaired/pumped up.

The door information can be simplified by regarding the 2 people symbol relating to an empty Cali, if you were using it as a run about for shopping etc.
The 5 people symbol as when in camping/touring mode with all your gear.

I'd use the top pressures and if it feels a bit harsh on bumps drop the pressures by 1 pound until you feel happy with the ride quality.

Hi,
I have tried different pressures and found that anything under the two people setting made the drive a little vague and floaty.
The ride can be a tad harsh at times on certain roads but that has to be due to the camper using the van chassis and suspension.

As already said above, ‘don’t forget to reset your tyre pressure monitor if adjusting pressures’.

Back