Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre size for 17" Davenport Alloys

James B 2016

James B 2016

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, it might seem a daft question but could someone tell me the tyre size and load rating from their VW California Ocean with 17" Davenport alloys (standard spec)? I have a 2017 beach and changed the wheels for some 17" Davenport alloys from a long wheel base transporter. In hindsight it was a good deal as I paid £650 for 4 brand new alloys and tyres and sold my 16" wheels for £450 on this forum.

However I now need to replace the tyres. I have 215/60 R17 109/107 T at the moment. However these are extra load rated to allow for the cargo of a long wheelbase transporter. So I think I'll change to the standard of the VW California Ocean.

Thanks in advance. I did search but couldn't see the answer to this specific question.

My Davenports have 215/60/17 as standard on my Ocean. I think they can come with either tyre size as standard.

The pros and cons of this choice has been on my mind. My 150 Ocean has 215/60/17 from the factory. My outgoing SE 235/55/17, both on the same Cascavel wheels.

Tyre pressures are lower on the 235s. I guess rolling resistance is greater too so I should get more mpg on the 215s.

Your van's tyre pressure sticker will have some choices. It might be nice to stick with ones of those listed....then no one could stay you've made a reckless (non OE) choice.

Agreed with all. My Ocean came with 235/55/17 103 load rating and I’ve just picked up a set of steels with 215/60/17 tyres the tyres are eventually going to be stuck on my alloys when I stick some winters on the steels. All the research I’ve done says this is fine.

A bit long winded but I picked up the new steels very cheep and got the spare new summer tyres for nothing.

Mike