Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre sizes

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I want to change to Michelin Agilis Crossclimate but putting in my existing tyres size 255, 55, 17 Cant find any options. Does anyone know what size they do the Michelin Agilis Crossclimate in for my wheel size. I read on here people put on 215/65 R16 T, but the rim size is different, would those fit ? Or any suggestions what size I should get. Local tyre centre is telling me I cant have them as they don’t make them for my size.

I have 215/60/17 which is the standard van size. I think some people also fit the SUV version which is 235/55/17.

255/55/17 is an oversize fitment about 20mm taller than standard. Check on the door pillar for recommended sizes.

Thanks so much, having looked at the door that the same. What is the difference between the suv and van tyres any advantage to one over the other other ?

Also just noticed the cross climate plus are they OK they Seem quite a bit cheaper

I want to change to Michelin Agilis Crossclimate but putting in my existing tyres size 255, 55, 17 Cant find any options. Does anyone know what size they do the Michelin Agilis Crossclimate in for my wheel size. I read on here people put on 215/65 R16 T, but the rim size is different, would those fit ? Or any suggestions what size I should get. Local tyre centre is telling me I cant have them as they don’t make them for my size.
They do 235/55/17

Thanks so much, having looked at the door that the same. What is the difference between the suv and van tyres any advantage to one over the other other ?
The van tyres have a bit more sidewall protection and, I hope, will handle being deflated a little for off road use. The SUV tyre is a little less aggressive and should probably give a better ride and less noise. That said I am very happy with ride and lack of noise from the van tyre and the narrower tyre should in theory help fuel economy but not seen a difference.

Reactions: CWS
Is this the SUV version ? Or is that the crossclimate plus
Crossclimate plus is the older tyre replaced by the crossclimate 2 so you may be able to find them cheaper but the risk is you may struggle to find one in the future if you need to replace as stocks run down.

in terms of size, the agilis is only available 215/60/17 and the plus has a 235/55/17 that has the load rating for the van. Those are your two choices. Good luck.

You could use the 235/60/17 size tyre as available in Agilis CrossClimate.

I'm running Michelin CrossClimate SUV in that size.

Agilis is a Van load spec tyre - a Cali is basically a van.

SUV tyres are in between the van/commercial tyres and passenger car spec tyres.
I found the SUV higher load rating and slightly stiffer sidewall more suited to the Cali's weight.

Michelin 235/60/17 106V Crossclimate SUV is cheaper than the Agilis CrossClimate. If cost not a factor I'd go for the Agilis.

The slightly higher tyre wall puts the speedo pretty much spot on. No clearance issues and slightly more pothole sidewall to absorb the impact.

The Crossclimate SUV has a noise rating of 70. The Agilis has a 73 noise rating which may influence your decision.

You could use the 235/60/17 size tyre as available in Agilis CrossClimate.

I'm running Michelin CrossClimate SUV in that size.

Agilis is a Van load spec tyre - a Cali is basically a van.

SUV tyres are in between the van/commercial tyres and passenger car spec tyres.
I found the SUV higher load rating and slightly stiffer sidewall more suited to the Cali's weight.

Michelin 235/60/17 106V Crossclimate SUV is cheaper than the Agilis CrossClimate. If cost not a factor I'd go for the Agilis.

The slightly higher tyre wall puts the speedo pretty much spot on. No clearance issues and slightly more pothole sidewall to absorb the impact.

The Crossclimate SUV has a noise rating of 70. The Agilis has a 73 noise rating which may influence your decision.
does this apply to the SUV OR Agillis …..The slightly higher tyre wall puts the speedo pretty much spot on. No clearance issues and slightly more pothole sidewall to absorb the impact. …. Would not want to have any height issues with either Tyre ?

Is this the SUV version ? Or is that the crossclimate plus
They are extra load rated, if you look on black circles website. They are crossclimate2

They keep doing 15% off on Michelin, I’ve just bought some Michelin latitude cross 235/55/17 103 H XL.
Halfords auto are doing 15% Michelin up until Xmas if blackcircles have stopped.9C4DA0C9-3355-4A04-8643-6F95F25C1819.png

Crossclimate plus is the older tyre replaced by the crossclimate 2 so you may be able to find them cheaper but the risk is you may struggle to find one in the future if you need to replace as stocks run down.

in terms of size, the agilis is only available 215/60/17 and the plus has a 235/55/17 that has the load rating for the van. Those are your two choices. Good luck.
The ones I found in the crossclimate 2 are only rated at 100, which I believe is too low a load rating ? Thought it needed to be 103 min

So the Agillis are better by the sounds of it, I will order them I think, just wanted to confirm they don’t cause height issues ( 2m plus on a T6)

Now I am confused ? Which are better the Agillis or crossclimate 2 if you take cost out of the equation , the 2 are £ 50 cheaper, but don’t mind paying the extra £50 if the agillis are worth it ?

Last edited:
Now I am confused ? Which are better the Agillis or crossclimate 2 if you take cost out of the equation , the 2 are £ 50 cheaper, but don’t mind paying the extra £50 if the agillis are worth it ?
It’s down to individual choice I’m affraid.
I decided to go for latitude cross as wanted stronger sidewalls and more off-road tyre.
Can’t tell you what there like as haven’t got them fitted yet.
Lots on here rave about the crossclimate2 though.
Halfords 15% discount if they have either of them as it’s on all Michelin tyres

What type of roads are you likely to travel on? Are you planning on travelling all year round? Will you be travelling on farm tracks or gravel roads a lot?

Will be covering long distances on the continent?

does this apply to the SUV OR Agillis …..The slightly higher tyre wall puts the speedo pretty much spot on. No clearance issues and slightly more pothole sidewall to absorb the impact. …. Would not want to have any height issues with either Tyre ?
60 profile adds 5% of tyre width to the sidewall height of 55. This is not a problem whether lowered or not.
There are others running the 235/60/17 Agilis for some years with no problems.

Some run even higher 65 profile All Terrain tyres.

So the Agillis are better by the sounds of it, I will order them I think, just wanted to confirm they don’t cause height issues ( 2m plus on a T6)
Agilis in 215/60/17 is a standard size so smaller than what you currently have fitted. as others have said, depends where you are going and what you are doing, but from a comfort/noise perspective, I have no complaints.

• Crossclimate are 4 season tires, with the "3PMSF" label. They are ok for driving in winter on mountain roads in France.
  • Latitude Cross are on and off-road summer tire for 4x4 and SUV. Very good tires but not approved for snow and winter in French mountains for example.

Whichever tyres you choose, a tip from me: don't even think about buying from mytyres.co.uk. They claim to be "Europe's Biggest Online Tyre Retailer" but I've been chasing them since March for a refund on a set of five tyres that I ordered and paid for but they then could not supply. They've just failed to respond to a County Court claim that I initiated last month, and the next step is that I've just requested a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against the company. Unfortunately as their UK limited company with whom you contract when you order from the website seems to be just a postal address, I'm not expecting to get anything back in the short term - although I'll certainly not be giving up.

They are complete shockers, my advice is avoid them like the Plague/Omicron.

Been following tyres threads on here for a while and have decided to go with these unless there is something wrong with the spec relative to the tyre plate on my van (see below) .
Agillis tyres ck69suu.jpghttps://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/agilis-crossclimate/215/60/R17/T/109/f?tyre=38948920

266752712_1028768047682224_5539884800497856905_n.jpgCould someone please confirm that these are okay and I haven't misinterpreted the tyre plate in anyway or will be likely to face insurance problems potentially down the line (I take it the pressures shown are achievable for these tyres ?)

Many thanks

Scoobz
ps seen them cheaper at Halfords but they don't seem to have any availability before Christmas

Last edited:
Been following tyres threads on here for a while and have decided to go with these unless there is something wrong with the spec relative to the tyre plate on my van (see below) .
View attachment 87525https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/agilis-crossclimate/215/60/R17/T/109/f?tyre=38948920

View attachment 87524Could someone please confirm that these are okay and I haven't misinterpreted the tyre plate in anyway or will be likely to face insurance problems potentially down the line (I take it the pressures shown are achievable for these tyres ?)

Many thanks

Scoobz
ps seen them cheaper at Halfords but they don't seem to have any availability before Christmas
Yep that’s the ones. I am running the same. Depending on retailer they may be advertised as a “C” or “T” but same tyre and will handle the pressures indicated.

Thanks - Went with ATS in the end as they were £10 cheaper (though not cheap) £740 fitted for 4. Guess I should have bought earlier in the year ...

Keep in mind that snowchains are only allowed with 215 wheels, not with 235 wheels. Some people didn't have any problems fitting their chains on the wider wheels, so I suppose it depends on the chains.

But if you regularly go skiing, then the narrower wheel might be a better option .

Back