Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyres for 18” Wheels

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
It’s been a while since it was asked and it’s time for some new tyres on my OEM ‘summer’ wheels.

Much as I love the flexibility (read cheaper) of tyres for my 17” winter after market wheels I can’t get over how good the bigger wheels look for summer.

But tyres are a lot more expensive and not nearly as robust.
Open to suggestions. More robust the better. (Seems impossible to find an AT tyre in this size)

It’s been a while since it was asked and it’s time for some new tyres on my OEM ‘summer’ wheels.

Much as I love the flexibility (read cheaper) of tyres for my 17” winter after market wheels I can’t get over how good the bigger wheels look for summer.

But tyres are a lot more expensive and not nearly as robust.
Open to suggestions. More robust the better. (Seems impossible to find an AT tyre in this size)

I just searched the caliboard.de and saw that someone sold some: „General Grabber AT HTP: 255/55 R18“
Maybe this could be an option?

I just searched the caliboard.de and saw that someone sold some: „General Grabber AT HTP: 255/55 R18“
Maybe this could be an option?

or: Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 2, 255/45 R 18 Zoll 103?

The originals are on a '45' profile - not sure about the practicality of going up in diameter. (Latitude Cross would be an option if I did this).

So Hankook would be still an option?
I guess the owner of these ‚45‘ wheels lift the Cali to go a little off road.

The originals are on a '45' profile - not sure about the practicality of going up in diameter. (Latitude Cross would be an option if I did this).

c0a5b2a22299f178462d1fb0baf812e4.jpg

Friend of mine: Latitide Cross

Yes @sapto they do look great on there - not too over the top for an AT tire. Any experience out there on these with the bigger overall diameter? How badly is the gearing affected?
I asked him and he replied like: It is a difference. It takes some time to start or speed up but normaly you aren‘t racing with these tyres. They are not loud but you hear you are wearing different tyres.

Last edited:
BTW: He’s got a 2.0 TDI 140 HP 4x4 T5 Beach (not sure maybe a Last Edition).
I hope that helps!

Back