Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ultimate T4 Westfalia

Hi everyone, so my wife and myself had our first night away in our new VW California Freestyle last night. We wild camped at a beach along the northwest coast of Ireland. we had a great time and all went well, Very comfy, warm with the night heater on at times. lovely walk on the beach and then breakfast before we headed off. Overall a great experience.

I might be interested, I tried to PM you but it looks like I don't have permission.
Ah not for sale I'm afraid after more consideration.

You'll find plenty of them in Germany on the site below, set yourself up with a little trip over there and pick up yourself a set! Be a nice road trip in the process (though you might want a small trailer as they'll take some room up:D) - Check the ad's well and you'll find some with decent boots on them too ;) (Google translate is your friend!)
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-vw-t4-bbs/k0
Happy hunting...
ps. this website is a goldmine for all things T4 Cali...

You'll find plenty of them in Germany on the site below, set yourself up with a little trip over there and pick up yourself a set! Be a nice road trip in the process (though you might want a small trailer as they'll take some room up:D) - Check the ad's well and you'll find some with decent boots on them too ;) (Google translate is your friend!)
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-vw-t4-bbs/k0
Happy hunting...
ps. this website is a goldmine for all things T4 Cali...
Cheers for the tip, yes it looks like a great place to find parts for the T4.
I might go for wheel covers for the moment if I can find them at a good price. It would be worth having the steel wheels and covers for use during the winter.

Last edited:
Ah not for sale I'm afraid after more consideration.
I've been looking at a few sets of theses wheels for sale, can you please check and verify for me the part number and offset of your wheels? I just want to be sure I'm looking at the correct ones.

Offset is 45

Not sure if its important, but when i bought mine (from a guy in Germany), they came with 15mm spacers that he said were for the rear wheels. Not sure if that's just for aesthetics or a necessity... Also you'll need the correct bolts for alloy wheels versus steel - different bolt head shape (bearing also in mind if you need spacers, then for the wheels with spacers the bolts will need to be longer than standard too...)...
These BBS wheels were originally intended for the 150 engine which had uprated brakes - they fitted mine (with spacers) without issue, but be sure when you fit them that they turn without issue before driving off and ripping your calipers off ;):D

Not sure if its important, but when i bought mine (from a guy in Germany), they came with 15mm spacers that he said were for the rear wheels. Not sure if that's just for aesthetics or a necessity... Also you'll need the correct bolts for alloy wheels versus steel - different bolt head shape (bearing also in mind if you need spacers, then for the wheels with spacers the bolts will need to be longer than standard too...)...
These BBS wheels were originally intended for the 150 engine which had uprated brakes - they fitted mine (with spacers) without issue, but be sure when you fit them that they turn without issue before driving off and ripping your calipers off ;):D
Cheers, that's good advice.
Sidepod, did yours come fitted with spacers or did they bolt straight on?

Last edited:
Spacers are not standard and are not required.

I think earlier 4's had a narrower track at the rear hence the use of spacers to even up the look.

I think you're right. Standard offset is 49.

Spacers are not standard and are not required.

I think earlier 4's had a narrower track at the rear hence the use of spacers to even up the look.

I think you're right. Standard offset is 49.
Hi, I'm not saying I'm right, just that's all I've seen so far. Thanks for the info regarding the wheel spacers.

If they fit my van then you should have no troubles... I never tried without the spacers, but it looks fine with them ;)
They really look good on the van, so treat yourself to a set - keep the original look :D

Back