Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under awning heating

JohnnyP

JohnnyP

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,
Just returned from a trip to the Lakes and during a couple of cold rainy evenings we eventually retreated to the van for some warmth.
If we had some form of under awning heater we would have stayed outside for much longer.
What are you guys using as an under awing heater, just to be clear this is under the Thule roll out awning with open sides so plenty of ventilation and on top of a low table (not Cali table)
I like the look of the Solo Stove Mesa with a heat deflector (shown in the photo) but I dont want to cause heat damage the awning material which i suspect the solo stove might do. The Kampa heat lamp is another option but I havent seen any reviews of it.

Outside heater.jpg

I think you are wasting money trying to heat the outside air I would rather get a better fleece, hat and gloves or find a campsite that allows a fire pit. There is a whole other debate about how un-environmentally friendly outside heaters are.

I think you are wasting money trying to heat the outside air I would rather get a better fleece, hat and gloves or find a campsite that allows a fire pit. There is a whole other debate about how un-environmentally friendly outside heaters are.

I agree - and on sites that don’t allow fire pits just chuck an extra bag of charcoal on the BBQ ….

Vango do a usb plug in heat mat for sleeping bags etc. think the shop on here sells them.
Good down jacket and a crochet blanket

Back