Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under bonnet storage

No_heroes

No_heroes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’ve seen a few posts on people storing hook up cables under the bonnet.

Is it in this area by the battery? Never seen any issues?

A6BA52FF-5CC9-464B-BB5D-E2BA62CBA9EB.jpeg

image.jpg
We have a 10m cable + household 3 pin adaptor stowed by the battery, and still plenty of free space. Our electric hookup point sits just under the cable in the photo.

Last edited:
Solid little storage capacity. I was worried about heat changes etc but I’m sure it’s a fairly cool space. Think I will put me 25m EHU cable in there.

Yep, 20m stores there. Two lengths of 10m.
It does get hot, but the cable should be fine

I'm still trying to work out how you open the lid :shocked

Whole new world in there, not going near it ....:(

Mouse traps, after having them damage the car wiring. Seems mice prefer Jaguars to VWs but I'm not taking any chances.

I store cable and oil there, got b*****ked by VW for doing it so now remove when in for service and then put back when home.

I store cable and oil there, got b*****ked by VW for doing it so now remove when in for service and then put back when home.
What did they say? Why did they care what you store there?

van DIY converters have put the leisure battery in that space.

Personally wouldn't restrict the battery air space. It does need ventilation which would be why VW are opposed to using it.

We did quite long journeys between campsites in Europe in the summer and the hookup cables weren’t particularly warm by the end of the journey. 10m and 25m cables, 3way Splitter and euro connector all fit easily. I remove all the cables when we’re not going camping, so haven’t been busted by VW.

Mouse traps, after having them damage the car wiring. Seems mice prefer Jaguars to VWs but I'm not taking any chances.
You should borrow Meoncoast’s cat. Nice and warm and cuddly when you get to your destination

I’ve seen a few posts on people storing hook up cables under the bonnet.

Is it in this area by the battery? Never seen any issues?

View attachment 54128
I often start a casserole in a cast iron pot and then put it in the engine compartment to slow cook, especially good on long trip. Get a lovely aroma of home cooking through the aircon and saves having to pay the extra ten grand for the ocean versus my beach. Mind you, not so good on twisty mountain roads. 50 miles enough for a chicken stew whilst a trip of 200+ mikes great for a nice tender beouf bourguingnon.

Last edited:
I often start a casserole in a cast iron pot and then put it in the engine compartment to slow cook, especially good on long trip. Get a lovely aroma of home cooking through the aircon and saves having to pay the extra ten grand for the ocean versus my beach. Mind you, not so good on twisty mountain roads. 50 miles enough for a chicken stew whilst a trip of 200+ mikes great for a nice tender beouf bourguingnon.
I might try that technique for smoked fish:oops:

Back