Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unstable temperature/interior temperature sensor

nathmac

nathmac

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Hello from Norway everyone!

This is my first post here on the forum.
I now own my first California, but I have had a lot of vw’s thru the years (including a 81 mod. T3 Westfalia Joker)
I have experienced some problems with the temperature regulation in the car.
When I set off it’s all ok and I feel the Cali is maintaining the set temperature well.
But if I make a short stop and then start again (turn the engine/ignition of) it will then start to blow cold air an I have to crank I t up to 27°c or so to get the van warm, and then later turn it down because it’s to hot.
The rest of the way I have to keep adjusting up and down and it won’t get stable.

I did a scan with my Vag-Com and found a fault code I think might be related:

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: Redir Fail!

Part No: 7H5 907 040 C

Component: CLIMAtronic T5 4221

Coding: 0011030

Shop #: WSC 02757 785 00200

VCID: 2B5F01EB896FDE1E14-5102

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 7H7 907 049 A

Component: Display_2_ClimaT5 X 0307

2 Faults Found:

01592 - Air Quality Sensor (G238)

014 - Defective

03091 - Fan for interior temperature sensor

000 - -

I don’t worry about the “Air Quality Sensor” it is to regulate automatic air circulation.

It’s the ” Fan for interior temperature sensor” that is giving me a headache, I thought it would be a easy fix since I know from other cars that there is often a ”grid” in the dash where air is drawn in to measure the temperature in the car, and it often clogs up with dust.

I can’t find this in my Cali, I guess there should be three since there is tree temperature zones (left, wright and back).

The Vag-Com does not give me any more info about the sensor either and Google is clueless.

Thanks for any advise!

Press the AUTO switch on the air con.

It normaly is on auto.
Why do you think that would make any difference? It should starve for the set temperature both on auto and fx. feet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello from Norway everyone!

This is my first post here on the forum.
I now own my first California, but I have had a lot of vw’s thru the years (including a 81 mod. T3 Westfalia Joker)
I have experienced some problems with the temperature regulation in the car.
When I set off it’s all ok and I feel the Cali is maintaining the set temperature well.
But if I make a short stop and then start again (turn the engine/ignition of) it will then start to blow cold air an I have to crank I t up to 27°c or so to get the van warm, and then later turn it down because it’s to hot.
The rest of the way I have to keep adjusting up and down and it won’t get stable.

I did a scan with my Vag-Com and found a fault code I think might be related:

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: Redir Fail!

Part No: 7H5 907 040 C

Component: CLIMAtronic T5 4221

Coding: 0011030

Shop #: WSC 02757 785 00200

VCID: 2B5F01EB896FDE1E14-5102

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 7H7 907 049 A

Component: Display_2_ClimaT5 X 0307

2 Faults Found:

01592 - Air Quality Sensor (G238)

014 - Defective

03091 - Fan for interior temperature sensor

000 - -

I don’t worry about the “Air Quality Sensor” it is to regulate automatic air circulation.

It’s the ” Fan for interior temperature sensor” that is giving me a headache, I thought it would be a easy fix since I know from other cars that there is often a ”grid” in the dash where air is drawn in to measure the temperature in the car, and it often clogs up with dust.

I can’t find this in my Cali, I guess there should be three since there is tree temperature zones (left, wright and back).

The Vag-Com does not give me any more info about the sensor either and Google is clueless.

Thanks for any advise!

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...820/subcategory/820000/part_id/3706182/lang/e

Part Nos 2 & 6 are Temperature Sensors.

That is a helpful drawing, i know there is some sensors in this unit and also in the tubes going to the two footwells, and also two in the unit in the back.
But i don't know if any of them is the one vag-com is referring to and if they are for interior temperature, none of them seems to have a fan?
the error code says "Fan for interior temperature sensor"

Back