Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Up to £70 fine

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150

Pembokeshire are saying they'll fine wild campers up to £70 for illegal "wild camping". Surely not much of a deterrent when even the full fine is just a couple of nights fees for some campsites these days.

What do you guys think?

per Person?
Most car parks in touristy areas are already signed "camping forbidden", how they spot and fine wild campers on minor roads/quiet lanes is another matter, of course these threatened fines would never apply to our Travelling chums.

Quote "Car parks aren't set up for overnight camping - they're set up to be car parks"
A change of mindset could solve the problem at a stroke. Set the car parks up for overnight camping; a tap and a waste emptying point and a reasonable charge for an overnight stay, say 7 p.m to 8 a.m.

Quote "Car parks aren't set up for overnight camping - they're set up to be car parks"
A change of mindset could solve the problem at a stroke. Set the car parks up for overnight camping; a tap and a waste emptying point and a reasonable charge for an overnight stay, say 7 p.m to 8 a.m.
Loos too and call them Airres. Now that's a good idea.

Most car parks in touristy areas are already signed "camping forbidden", how they spot and fine wild campers on minor roads/quiet lanes is another matter, of course these threatened fines would never apply to our Travelling chums.
Whether a car park or any other location, I should have asked, "Is up to £70 enough of a detterent?"

Just park in a quiet residential street. That’s what I do.
No point parking in a well known car park with 10 other vans. May as well check into a campsite...

Wonder if anyone has ever challenged these camping overnight tickets. The proof of camping in some cases seem very weak.
I hear the surfers around Cornwall who use their vans for work have had tickets slapped on their vans because apparently you can’t park a van type vehicle before 9am.

Just because they parked up at 6am and the plonker from the council walks past the vehicle at 6:30 they automatically get a ticket for overnight camping. Seems the wardens have little proof of this activity, other than the vehicle being parked. Which, if it’s Taxed, MOT and insured, I can’t see what grounds they have for issuing a ticket.

Just park in a quiet residential street. That’s what I do.
No point parking in a well known car park with 10 other vans. May as well check into a campsite...

Wonder if anyone has ever challenged these camping overnight tickets. The proof of camping in some cases seem very weak.
I hear the surfers around Cornwall who use their vans for work have had tickets slapped on their vans because apparently you can’t park a van type vehicle before 9am.

Just because they parked up at 6am and the plonker from the council walks past the vehicle at 6:30 they automatically get a ticket for overnight camping. Seems the wardens have little proof of this activity, other than the vehicle being parked. Which, if it’s Taxed, MOT and insured, I can’t see what grounds they have for issuing a ticket.
You'd probably win an appeal under those circumstances, but such a pain in the butt getting it sorted.