Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Updated Information: Looe Meet - Oct 2020

First time of booking as we were due to be in Canada when it was first scheduled, but now we can make this.
ok cool. bummer about Canada. i'm off to Banff January 2021 (hopefully).

Latest information from Camping Caradon - our weekend in October is going ahead:

Camping Caradon update - 1st September

The site is open and operating according to the new government Covid-19 guidance and regulations that campsites have to adhere to. We have implemented many changes to the site and facilities and put a lot of investments into making the site as Covid-19 safe as possible for our customers and staff.

– We are leaving some of our touring and camping pitches empty this summer to aid the 2 meter social distancing in the park. We cannot have any visitors to site only people booked in staying with us.

– Our amenity block is open, but as spaces will be limited in the facilities at any one time, we recommend that you bring a toilet tent and a portable loo with you.

The amenity block is open according to the government covid-19 legislations. There is a traffic light system in place as you walk in and out to aid social distancing.

We use Covid -19 disinfectant cleaner in all our facilities and have invested in a “ULV-Fog buster” that we use to disinfect all our site facilities. Besides our daily deep clean midday, there is extra contact surface cleans and fog busting late at night.

In our facilities we are adhering to the new 1+m. Distancing rule, where 2 meters isn’t possible.

– Hand sanitizer is available in our amenity block, reception, bar & chemical waste point facilities. To use bins, outside waterpoints and operate our barrier, we recommend you bring your own gloves and hand sanitiser.

– We can serve 1 person in the shop/reception at any one time, it would be helpful if just 1 person check in on arrival. There will be site info, and a covid-19 document given on arrival, to help you have a safe stay.

- The playground is open for use, unfortunately no cycling on site or football games at the moment, parents need to supervise their kids regards to using our facilities and social distancing on site.

– The on-site Bar has been modified to Covid-19 pub regulations, we are open with less capacity and fewer opening hours, but we still serve a good pint. (takeaway drinks possible)

At the moment we have been unable to get our food established, but pasties from the local bakers are available from the Shop/Reception (best to order Friday for Saturday).

You will be given a Covid-19 guidance sheet at check-in

Last edited:
Latest information from Camping Caradon - at the moment it looks like our weekend in October will go ahead:

Camping Caradon update

After the Government announcement the 23rd of June regards phase-3. We are happy to announce that we can welcome our customers back from the 4th of July.
There will be social distancing rules to adhere to on site and Covid -19 measures and guidance to adhere to in all the park and the site facilities, we have now got the government covid-19 guidance publications which was made available on the 25th of June. We are very busy modifying and adapting to Covid-19 safety measures in all our facilities on site to keep our customers and staff as safe as possible. We are putting a lot of new investments into making the site Covid-19 safe.

It was announced we can accommodate self-contained units, and will also be allowed to open shared facilities as long as social distancing and a good cleaning schedule is in place, we can therefore also accept some units without their own facilities but we will be cautious with our bookings. We still encourage everyone that has self-contained units to use their own facilities as much as possible, and others to invest in a toilet tent.

– We are leaving some pitches empty this summer to aid the 2 meter social distancing in the park.

– In our facilities we will be adhering to the new 1+m. Distancing rule, where 2 meters is not possible.

– We are using Covid -19 disinfectant cleaner in all our facilities and have invested in a “ULV-Fog buster” that will be used in all our site facilities, to help keep safe facilities. There will be a daily deep clean midday in our amenity block with additional contact surface cleans and fog busting.

Hand sanitizer will be available in our amenity block, reception, bar & chemical waste point facilities, to use bins, outside waterpoints and operate our barrier, we recommend you bring
your own gloves and hand sanitiser.

-The playground is allowed to open from the 4th of July, at your own vigilance

– We will be able to serve 1 person in the shop/reception at any one time, adhering to distancing rules; it would be helpful if just 1 person could check in on arrival. There will be site info, and a
covid-19 safety document given on arrival, we will guide you with safe pitching on your allocated pitch.

We are currently working on modifying Bar facilities to Covid 19 safety measures we will be open with less capacity and less opening hours, to enable us to operate the site safe for both our customers and staff. If possible we will get some food serving going as well, we are working against space restrictions, and safety work procedures to keep our staff safe aswell..
Oh let’s hope so!!! Looking forward to it so much.

I notice a lot of rally's now cancelled for this year, is this one still going ahead

I notice a lot of rally's now cancelled for this year, is this one still going ahead

Yes, and hence the reschedule to - Friday 2nd to Monday 5th October 2020 . Obviously - flexible to changing plans nearer to date based on government/local guidelines.

The Meet at Slimbridge is also still going ahead. It is now on 18th to 20th of September and there are a few places left. That was changed from its previous date of the 6th of June.
However the number of places we were allocated was reduced by 15 so as not to put too much pressure on the facilities there.

I thought it was 6>9 October and have planned around that, only checked last week ,
I have some rearranging to do otherwise there’ll be a vacant space for someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can make the rescheduled date now as our China flights have been cancelled. It looks like we’ll have at least one of my stepdaughters going as they’re still at home and bored: the campsite kindly informed me that it’s no problem to take a pup tent and there’s no extra charge.:thumb

All sorted and looking forward to what for me is a first.
Have never attended a Rally or meeting of any kind before and never had a Camper until 18 months ago so a steep learning curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just booked to stay at this site on Thursday night to break the journey. Just off the A30 if anyone fancies joining me.

Hi Gillian, we are undecided yet if to make the journey in one or to stop over. We shall be coming from north of the Midlands and will join the A30 at Exeter. If we did stop it would be in the Glastonbury area as there is a very nice site within walking distance of the Tor and there are a number retail parks nearby (I'm told we would stop there)! But we shall see, a lot can happen between now and then, anyway If we don't see you at Woodland Springs we will see you the Friday at the meet site. Stay Safe R & T

Hi Gillian, we are undecided yet if to make the journey in one or to stop over. We shall be coming from north of the Midlands and will join the A30 at Exeter. If we did stop it would be in the Glastonbury area as there is a very nice site within walking distance of the Tor and there are a number retail parks nearby (I'm told we would stop there)! But we shall see, a lot can happen between now and then, anyway If we don't see you at Woodland Springs we will see you the Friday at the meet site. Stay Safe R & T

Are you talking about Old Oaks? I was there last weekend and it is an excellent site. Loved it and also managed quite a bit of retail therapy in Glastonbury itself. Not long now.... :D

Yes, it was Old Oaks. We stayed there on the way to the Dorset meet last year. I even asked if they could accommodate a VW Cali meet we were that impressed but sadly not!
Edit: The site is for "adults only".

Last edited:
I have just booked to stay at this site on Thursday night to break the journey. Just off the A30 if anyone fancies joining me.

Haven’t decided whether to stop on the way, but will bear it in mind

Have just booked this for the Thursday night Looking forward to seeing anyone else who stops over.

We have had to withdraw from the rescheduled meet. Looe is an awful long way to travel from SE London after school on Friday and back again on Sunday. There is no realistic option for us to stay until Monday.

That is a pity but understandable. We will miss you all.
R & T

We have had to withdraw from the rescheduled meet. Looe is an awful long way to travel from SE London after school on Friday and back again on Sunday. There is no realistic option for us to stay until Monday.
That’s a shame