Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Updated Information: Looe Meet - Oct 2020

It's pretty clear which way things are heading at the moment re COVID-19, both in terms of case numbers and government policy. So I think we do need to bear that in mind when interpreting the rules (which are unclear)

I would think what you say makes reasonable sense in the absence of any rules from the government. However I was pointing out that attending a gathering and mingling with members of other qualifying groups of up to 6 is not allowed according to the rules - its there if you wish to read them. You could also google what various politicians have thought mingling means.
Understandably people are tempted to bend the rules or justify ignoring them to do something they really want and I imaging the campsite and many wishing to attend feel comfortable with the arrangements in place irrespective of the rules.
Ok,noted thanks.
Just had a haircut and had to use the new NHS Covid 19 App. They had a bar code which I scanned with the App, clever stuff, records your movements and others who may or may not have tested positive. It then scans as you visit other/all places. Hopefully the sites will have this to give us all that extra security supporting the test and trace.

Ok,noted thanks.
Just had a haircut and had to use the new NHS Covid 19 App. They had a bar code which I scanned with the App, clever stuff, records your movements and others who may or may not have tested positive. It then scans as you visit other/all places. Hopefully the sites will have this to give us all that extra security supporting the test and trace.
Just for info, app dont work on anything lower than an iphone 6s

So is the meet still on then,or is the chance it might still get postponed?

This is the message on C&MH Club to all rally organisers

Since before lockdown the caravan club have asserted, and continued to emphasise this in our protocol for rallies, that a rally was currently only for the siting/parking of leisure vehicles and that no social aspects of a rally could take place at this time due to the virus. However, there is now a very strong concern that by the manner in which a rally is organised through a Centre to enable a group to come together for a common cause, it is much more difficult to argue that a rally is not a gathering. The spirit of the legislation is certainly to reduce the risks of the virus spreading which are associated with large groups of people coming together. The Club has received the view that rallies are likely to attract the attention of the local police forces as gatherings, particularly because there is a lot of nervousness by local populations in tourist areas about the spread of the virus. In the absence of clear guidance in this area from the Government at this time and to protect its stewards and members the club have confirmed its instructions for Centres to cancel all rallies

So is the meet still on then,or is the chance it might still get postponed?
i don't think anyone died at the slimbridge meet that went ahead after the rule of 6 was introduced

I don't expect anyone to have had any issues from Slimbridge as there were no groups of more than 6 and everyone was sensible.
I think as a group, we are all sensible and able to follow the rules.
If you don't think you can follow the rules then please don't come.

I don't expect anyone to have had any issues from Slimbridge as there were no groups of more than 6 and everyone was sensible.
I think as a group, we are all sensible and able to follow the rules.
If you don't think you can follow the rules then please don't come.
you know i'm sensible

I thought this was no longer a rally, it's for those that want to turn up and use their reserved pitch.
As on sites, all regulations will be observed.

Yes we are members but most of their sites (and all the private ones),have been jammed pack all summer into September in Devon and Cornwall (could not book until October),and from what we have seen groups are meeting up, joining awnings and wind breaks etc ,but to be fair not more than 6 and would hope in the same bubble?! Yes agree ,like many of the ever changing rules, confusing ,lacking in interpretation. One needs to apply common sense, social distance, space were possible and we avoid the pubs and restaurants, enclosed spaces where possible. Are you coming to Looe then?

I thought this was no longer a rally, it's for those that want to turn up and use their reserved pitch.

That was clearly mentioned for the Slimbridge meet, so the assumption is that the same applies here. True, as with any campsites, all rules should be and will be observed :thumb

Had to cancel when date was rearranged as couldn’t make it so popped down here for a few days this week instead. Beautiful coast and will definitely return. Caught some good weather today in Polperro too. I hope you all have an amazing weekend and hopefully I’ll make the next one.

4AE53C40-5E39-4E2F-ACD3-A8D1F72BF687.jpeg

A few people have asked for this thread to be unlocked as they needed to make comments, please can people steer clear of discussing whether it should go ahead or not. As far as I am aware this is no longer a meet but you can still just turn up if you wish and use your existing booking. @Lulu will confirm the current situation

We are no longer classing this meet as a VW California Rally as we do not want to encourage anyone to go against the current COVID-19 restrictions that were announced this week and all group activities have been cancelled.

Your booking is with the campsite and you are still welcome to attend next weekend. Please ensure you go to reception to check in and you will be then be told where to pitch.

If you have any questions, Camping Caradon have asked that you look at their homepage for COVID-19 site information on their website at www.campingcaradon.co.uk, or you can telephone them if you need any clarification..

Although the weather does not look too promising I am looking forward to an extended weekend (arriving Thursday) in Cornwall. Hoping I can walk Ozzi along some of the coast path. Our one and only break away in Bruce this year - other than camping out on the drive/in the garden.

Although the weather does not look too promising I am looking forward to an extended weekend (arriving Thursday) in Cornwall. Hoping I can walk Ozzi along some of the coast path. Our one and only break away in Bruce this year - other than camping out on the drive/in the garden.
Look forward to seeing you there. Socially distanced of course.

What are the conditions like down there before we head off? ( Asking on behalf of wife)

What are the conditions like down there before we head off? ( Asking on behalf of wife)
The Met Office (Exeter) showing rain today, easing off tomorrow and on and off Sunday. Monday the sun showing with a 40% chance of rain. This info is gained using the Met Office App;)
We are near Exeter and looks like we're getting what they had yesterday. Wet weather gear packed as always.