Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrade Beach heater control panel to the Ocean controller

D

DMAS

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi there,
I've recently purchased a Cali Beach - 2014. I'm totally in love. Question - Can the timer I have for the heater be upgrade to a timer with a 7 day program? I'm assuming thats what on the Ocean?

THanks
Dan

Is it a factory fitted heater? I've never heard of anyone fitting this controller, but in theory you could fit anothe rcontroller to the eberspacher directly.

If its an aftermarket like a webasto etc should be relatively easy.

I'd thought of this as well. I'd like to see what the battery charge is(if hooked up to mains) and the alarm clock too.

Is it a factory fitted heater? I've never heard of anyone fitting this controller, but in theory you could fit anothe rcontroller to the eberspacher directly.

If its an aftermarket like a webasto etc should be relatively easy.

Yes. It's the factory fitted one - standard.

Yes. It's the factory fitted one - standard.
It would have to be 3rd Party and the problem you might have is that the Eberspacher Heater provided to VW is programmed to work with the VW Controller you have so it would have to be re-programmed/re-wired to work with the 3rd Party Controller. Not impossible . Might be worthwhile contact Eberspacher direct and ask.
No point asking VW they wouldn’t have a clue.
If the heater does have to be altered then the fitted VW Controller would be redundant.

These are the Control Units offered by Eberspacher.
9D35A343-906C-46BD-A641-9389C6E2BE64.jpeg

It would have to be 3rd Party and the problem you might have is that the Eberspacher Heater provided to VW is programmed to work with the VW Controller you have so it would have to be re-programmed/re-wired to work with the 3rd Party Controller. Not impossible . Might be worthwhile contact Eberspacher direct and ask.
No point asking VW they wouldn’t have a clue.
If the heater does have to be altered then the fitted VW Controller would be redundant.
Arrrr forget that then. To much hard work.

Back