2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Well, currently sat with a stiff drink after plunging nearly £50k into this:
xxl_kfz50798611_kfz_50798611_1.jpg
I've paid the deposit 'blind' so the deal could fall apart when I go and check it over, but let's be optimistic.

Spec and details here while it lasts: https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/...20-tdi-150ps-eu6-bmt-dsg-van/details-qbbtn2uv
{edit: the price shown is gross not nett, so no vat to add. Why vw can't work their own system is a mystery}.

Seems to have lots going for it......150hp, DSG, colour (I rate it as interesting and but not too dark), Cascavels, Alcantara (which will hide under INKAs....dog related decision), decent audio / bluetooth / tech
and only a few things against it.......Elec side door and higher tax rate (June 17), lack of multi function steering wheel.......unless I missed something crucial (let me know).

Prices seem to be ALL over the place. Dealers seem cheaper than private sellers which is confusing (the price is Gross, not +VAT as shown in the link). Given the inability to register most new Cali's, I'm puzzled why that is so. It does seem a decent few ex management vehicles are coming through (like this one).

They offered me a very decent price for my 2010 but I'll sell it privately in Spring.

Last edited:
As long as it has all the main things you want, which it appears, I wouldn’t worry about the odd thing it doesn’t have. Enjoy and good luck with the viewing when you will get the exact options list.

Mike

love the colour, nice spec, and it's only money..... enjoy

Very smart. That's a great colour. I've not seen many of those on the road.

Are we to assume you are now going to become 2into2?

(I'll get my coat)

Very smart. That's a great colour. I've not seen many of those on the road.

Are we to assume you are now going to become 2into2?

(I'll get my coat)
Hadn't thought of that!
Edit : needs to be 2into1backto2

Last edited:
Ha Ha! Just noticed the similarity with the Farrow and Ball colour I've just chosen for the house (Inchyra Blue)!inchyra blue.jpg

Well, currently sat with a stiff drink after plunging nearly £50k into this:
View attachment 29787
I've paid the deposit 'blind' so the deal could fall apart when I go and check it over, but let's be optimistic.

Spec and details here while it lasts: https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/...20-tdi-150ps-eu6-bmt-dsg-van/details-qbbtn2uv

Seems to have lots going for it......150hp, DSG, colour (I rate it as interesting and but not too dark), Cascavels, Alcantara (which will hide under INKAs....dog related decision), decent audio / bluetooth / tech
and only a few things against it.......Elec side door and higher tax rate (June 17), lack of multi function steering wheel.......unless I missed something crucial (let me know).

Prices seem to be ALL over the place. Dealers seem cheaper than private sellers which is confusing (the price is Gross, not +VAT as shown in the link). Given the inability to register most new Cali's, I'm puzzled why that is so. It does seem a decent few ex management vehicles are coming through (like this one).

They offered me a very decent price for my 2010 but I'll sell it privately in Spring.
Dont forget to take a copy of the handover checklist from this forum and check the bellows are not damaged

Prices seem to be ALL over the place. Dealers seem cheaper than private sellers which is confusing (the price is Gross, not +VAT as shown in the link). Given the inability to register most new Cali's, I'm puzzled why that is so. It does seem a decent few ex management vehicles are coming through (like this one)

This is a big frustration justnow. The vast majority of fair deals around justnow do seem to be on new/nearly new calis, probably because there so many on offer at the moment but as you say even those prices are ALL over the place

the price is Gross, not +VAT as shown in the link
Thanks for pointing that out. I've added an edit to my original post. Autotrader shown 49 Inc vat, VW's own system 49 plus vat. It was the former.

I hope it's all as expected for you. It looks great. I love Bamboo Green. Can't imagine it wont have Multifunction steering wheel either I have INKA's due to dog and child but my seats aren't gorgeous alcantara. As mentioned already, you'll appreciate the DSG soon enough.

Pics do show a steering wheel with no multifunction. This is not uncommon surprisingly.

Wow!
I'm shocked..

May not have MFSW but look at the specifications and it is very well spec'd. Looks great. You also know they will refund your deposit if you do not take the vehicle. Price is good and the steering wheel can be retro fitted if you really wanted.

May not have MFSW but look at the specifications and it is very well spec'd. Looks great. You also know they will refund your deposit if you do not take the vehicle. Price is good and the steering wheel can be retro fitted if you really wanted.

Echo your thoughts. Multifunction retrofit is sweetie money in the grand scheme of things. It’s a lovely looking cali.

Congratulations Peter, hope it meets your expectations when you view it, enjoy! :thumb

Congratulations! As people before have said, if it has the top three things that you were looking for, it's good for you. Beautiful colour ... and whatever outside, you shall be warm and cozy on the inside :) enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Liverpool price keenly. They'll be feeling the new sale issue too...bet they have a tonne of stock in just sitting...

Liverpool price keenly. They'll be feeling the new sale issue too...bet they have a tonne of stock in just sitting...
Bit of a dilemma for dealers, no new Cali orders being taken and not at the busy camping season. Do they sell now to meet targets even if they have to drop or tough it out to get a better price come April. The forecourt stock will surely dry up at some point with the spring demand and then what? Strange times ahead.
Well done Peter, nabbed a belter there. :bananadance2

Back