Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upgrading T5 upper bed lattice rost to disc springs

Interesting thread. I can no longer sleep upstairs. I just hate it even if I'm on my own. As my body mass is quite heavy (>100kg)I think I sag the slats at the front end and alway end up head down. Either way I tried one night last week whilst away to sleep upstairs and went downstairs after 4hrs awake to make the bottom bed up. With two tired dogs that was a tad difficult.

Many thanks. i will email and update on reply.

I have contacted squergo and they advised they have not tested the system and we should only rely on original manufacturers recommendations... so 150kg

I have contacted squergo and they advised they have not tested the system and we should only rely on original manufacturers recommendations... so 150kg
Did you email them? I emailed them some time ago with a query about different springs and never received a reply.

They don't supply UK now either, because we are out of EU, they will only ship to EU address...

They don't supply UK now either, because we are out of EU, they will only ship to EU address...

Does anyone know if there is any way to get these to UK - is there a forwarding service or is the shop likely to get any supply?

Does anyone know if there is any way to get these to UK - is there a forwarding service or is the shop likely to get any supply?
Import duty & VAT has caused lots of direct to UK supply issues.

You will just have to plan your next trip to or via Bavaria... You can then fit the springs on Squergo's parking lot and then continue your holiday! Will save you the import duties and postage!

Alternative if booked on a site is to ask site owner if you can have them delivered there before your arrival, on if prolonged stay during that period.

Sorry I contacted them even asking if I can send a DPD European pick up via my Business account...they won't even do that.

All they will do is ship to an EU address. I'm going to ship to a friend's Villa in Greece and pick up next year.

Well, what a revelation in comfort! We are driving down ro Croatia so stopped off along the way and fitted the conversion kit in the car park. Gregor was very helpful and set up a table for us so we had everything layed out which was useful. We also had a lie down on his demo bed, so we tried the version with different spring stiffnesses as well as the ‘universal’ one with same stiffnesses. We fitted the version with ’universal’ springs and 4 flat longitudinal strips. We also tried (but did not buy) the squergo mattress which is softer and a little thicker than the standard VW one. The work took 3.5 hours including lunch and a tea break of course.

The reason we did the conversion was to solve the roll together issue which had become a nuisance. The new bed is on the firm side, very comfortable with no roll together. Also it does indeed feel wider.

A great improvement. Thanks to the OP, bvddobb, for your detailed post

Thanks for sharing your experience @bvddobb !

I am undecided between 1) upgrading to a better mat (eg Calibed) 2) upgrading to a Squergo base.

From your experience, which do you think brings the most comfort?

I am undecided between 1) upgrading to a better mat (eg Calibed) 2) upgrading to a Squergo base.

From your experience, which do you think brings the most comfort?
The Squergo base solves more issues than just another mattress. No longer the 'coupling' of the sleepers (one moves, the other bobs up and down), and a spring effect across the entire width of the bed, where the lattice rost only works as a spring in the middle, not on the sides, making the bed feel 'wider'.
We have gone for the best of both worlds, in our opinion: a 'tuned' Squergo base AND a better mattress!

Back