Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upper bed weight limit on a cali se

G

gatvol

Does anyone know what this is please ?

A friend with a non-vw t5 conversion has just terrified me by saying that his upper bed has a 70kg limit :?

I don't think there is any official figures maybe we should ask a few members how much they weigh. I did hear 120kg mentioned me and my good wife have slept in the roof I weigh
85kg the wife weighs less but over the 120kg in total o would say :thumb

Doubtless someone will know - I recall it's a lot more than 70kg - which is a good job as me and the wife sleep upstairs and we're both approaching 6 feet tall and I'm not skinny!

we are 150kg combined and it does not seem fragile at all even when I turn heavily :)

I'm 110 kg the wife is 70 kg. Only slept up top in our Beach once (the full width bottom is so much more comfortable, as I'm 6ft 5 )but with no issues at all.
So 180kg in our Beach roof bed.

My husband and I are well over 120k and enjoy the top bed. We do try to turn over carefully!

25 stone is what I've been told, and that's what we tell our customers

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
25 stone is what I've been told, and that's what we tell our customers

Seems that we are quite a way over 25 stone (more like 28 stone between us) :eek:
We'd sleep up top again though,when required with no qualms whatsoever!
We did ask a couple of dealers when doing our research into buying,they were all a bit vague though when pressed, " well its for 2 x German adults" as one answer that we had!
We had looked into buying a van and then having a conversion carried out with an SCA deluxe roof.Can't remember what the weight limit was but it was quite low.

We also are prob over 28 stone and haven't given a second thought - not a creak out of the upper bed. Life's to short to worry about things like that!

I asked our dealer what the weight limit was when viewing in the showroom, he said the general rule is "if you fit through the hole to get in then it will hold you".

Just watch out not sitting with two in the roof , legs hanging below, that way all the weight comes at the weak point of the bed where there' s the least support !

nofatties.gif

I have a sign on the entrance roller says ' no fatties allowed'

Does anyone know what this is please ?

A friend with a non-vw t5 conversion has just terrified me by saying that his upper bed has a 70kg limit :?

I'm not surprised. I have a couple of friends with converted vans and the the roof on both are absolute rubbish compared to a California.

I've had two peeps up top both must weigh around 13stone each. No issues

At 125kg on my own plus the Wife, and the duvalays we are in excess of 200kgs.

I'm big boned ex rower!

I think as a general rule of thumb if you and partner are small and nimble enough to pass through the access hatch to actually get into the roof space, then your combined weight isn't going to be a problem ;-)

At 125kg on my own plus the Wife, and the duvalays we are in excess of 200kgs.

hello pjm-84, do you leave the duvalays uptop and remove the main mattress?. Just wondering as obviously have concerns about damaging the roof mechanism

Back