Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upper bunk weight limits

llackford

llackford

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,

Ahead of our first trip away I'm learning lots of little quick tips and ideas from the forum.

One thing that I cannot seem to find however it the weight limit of the top bunk?

I'm guessing that a 12.9st guy and his 7.8st wife maybe too much?......

As always any and all answers would be great thank you :)

I think i was told 160kg?
your combined weight is 127kg
if i am correct you should be ok, our combined weight is heavier than 127 kg and we sleep up top

I'm guessing that a 12.9st guy and his 7.8st wife maybe too much?......

Me and Mrs VD are slightly above your combined tonnage and we sleep up on the top no problem. The bed base doesn't flex, even slightly. I'm sure you could be a lot heavier than that and it wouldn't be a problem.

Hi Guys, great news thank you for the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that a member had asked VW this question and the reply was something along the lines of - "if you can fit through the hatch then you will be fine".

I have been pondering this question and eventually called VWCS. Yes they did get back to me but not in the way I wanted!! Me and Mrs will have to go on a diet before delivery time (approx March '17)! We are about 175kg's combined, VW say 150kg max. for an Ocean. :sad

Obviously we have to defer to VW engineers, but to be honest I doubt you'd actually have a problem. You could try both getting up on the bed then see if there's any significant deflection of the bed base at the centre line. I'd be quite surprised if there was.

Of course this assumes that you lie reasonably quietly and don't (ahem) perform any gymnastics up there... :embarrased:oops:

Obviously we have to defer to VW engineers, but to be honest I doubt you'd actually have a problem. You could try both getting up on the bed then see if there's any significant deflection of the bed base at the centre line. I'd be quite surprised if there was.

Of course this assumes that you lie reasonably quietly and don't (ahem) perform any gymnastics up there... :embarrased:oops:
Thanks for the reassurance. You are clearly a diplomat too! I am sure there must be some "allowance" in the VW figure and probably they are just too modest to publish this:D

If VW are saying 150 kg max then that seems a bit ridiculous to me, given that the combined weight of an average adult man and woman in the UK is 153.8 kg (ONS data, 2010).

Clearly VW do not wish to encourage cohabitation upstairs:shocked

If VW are saying 150 kg max then that seems a bit ridiculous to me, given that the combined weight of an average adult man and woman in the UK is 153.8 kg (ONS data, 2010).
No small point! I wonder if they know that the upper deck must be reserved for the kids then - that's not fair!!
One source I looked at put Germany at 151kg's av combined weight. Imagine what the average is in the USA. Must be why Calis are not sold there!;)

Honestly dude, it will be fine. You could probably have a threesome up there. (Hey is there a forum section on that?)
:bananadance2
(Been looking forward to using that new emoji)

Honestly dude, it will be fine. You could probably have a threesome up there. (Hey is there a forum section on that?)
:bananadance2
(Been looking forward to using that new emoji)

Threesomes :shocked

Just what is this forum coming to!

:offtopic