Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upstairs matress topper

maxandcali

maxandcali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello,

I’ve been reading through lots of past posts on this with different recommendations of matress toppers for upstairs, but no definitive answer to this question...

What’s the maximum thickness an upstairs matress topper (in additions to the VW “matress” that comes with the T6) can be to allow the roof to close fully without issues?

Thanks,
Max

i believe it's 0... No topper can be left up there
If you dont want to add the topper each time you raise the bed, then it would need to be a full replacement mattress. Something like the zonesleep which goes up instead of the original.

We leave a kingsize duvet, folded in half lengthways, up there, and also sometimes my pajamas, so there is some space.
Certainly, very little, something thin can be left in the middle as the canvas of the bellow folds on the sides and leaves a space of probably 10" wide. but definitely not a topper

To clarify, that's the the roof down? (not ceiling up)
Yes - we have had the duvet, my pajamas, and all four of us up there with the roof up; most memorably one wet afternoon in Pompeii watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on an iPad.

I’m thinking of getting an upstairs bed topper - to take on and off and store on back shelf.
I’ve searched threads and can’t find a definite favourite?
Any suggestions?

Thank you :thumb

So having slept up there once on the standard mattress and barely able to move the next morning I bought a Duvalay. Although you can’t leave it up there it’s more comfortable and practical than carrying around a second mattress imho.

Also we bought the narrow ones and you can just about get 2 side by side downstairs in a T6 ocean (VW comfort mattress + Duvalay = better nights sleep).

Worth considering

Back