Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Urgent - alarms keeps false triggering - any ideas?

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Our T6 alarms has just gone off a few times for no apparent reason. Don't want to keep waking the neighbours up. Van not used in a week. wondering if there is a spider near a sensor or similar. Does anyone know where the sensors are/ have any ideas of what i can check?

Have you got the roof up and movement sensors on?

Have you got the movement sensors on and something shaking the van or blowing about inside?

That was quick. thank you GrannyJen. No, roof down, empty. If it goes off again in a minute I suppose I could disable the sensors with the door pillar button....but don't want to. There was a spider or two wandering around when we where in france....those pesky french spiders.

That was quick. thank you GrannyJen. No, roof down, empty. If it goes off again in a minute I suppose I could disable the sensors with the door pillar button....but don't want to. There was a spider or two wandering around when we where in france....those pesky french spiders.

At least disabling the interior movement sensors could narrow the search down. If it solves the problem then it's down to something triggering that.

Are you sure they are French spiders? Normally most things French are either on strike or on holiday in August.

Sounds like a plan. (you don't know where the movement sensor is do you?)

Yes, definitely french. I caught them playing Petanque and talking politics.

The movement sensors are in the centre consul by the interior light switch. They are under two grids, looking left and right towards the door glass. I haven't spotted any at the back, but there may be two somewhere there too.

Alan

Sadly I cannot help you with locating the sensors, I keep mine almost permanently off.

French spiders drinking plonk are often legless, and with 8 of them to lose that's a lot of wine.

Edit: Thank you Alan

I had an alarm go off on a car at about 2 in the morning for 3 days running with no apparent reason, 4th night I left it unset & thats the night when the stereo was nicked:mad:

I had an alarm go off on a car at about 2 in the morning for 3 days running with no apparent reason, 4th night I left it unset & thats the night when the stereo was nicked:mad:
Patient thief ?

Mike

Is there any external sign that, although the vehicle is locked, the alarm is not set?
Does the red LED light still flash next to the locking button on the door?

I found that it was dappled sunlight hitting the van that cause the alarm to fire. Closing the blinds stops it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back