Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

USB in centre cubby hole

cayman57

cayman57

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
After taking delivery of my new ocean last week I am a little disappointed that there is no usb in centre cubby hole. I understood that when you got the app connect option that there would be 2 usb, but I only have the 1 in the glove box. I have contacted SMG but have been informed that all new ocean's just have the one. I'm a bit miffed as its a pain having to stretch over to the glove box each time I get in, any ideas?
Regards
Simon

I paid extra, £60 I think for the additional USB and am not sure what will turn up in a few weeks as the extra USB option was deleted from the price list after I ordered. Will be wanting my £60 back if it isn't fitted!

I paid extra, £60 I think for the additional USB and am not sure what will turn up in a few weeks as the extra USB option was deleted from the price list after I ordered. Will be wanting my £60 back if it isn't fitted!
I paid my £60 back in June last year (it had already been taken off the price list) and thankful to say it has two USB's one in the cubby, the other in the glove box.

I think there's an another annoying thing about this, which is that the usb port you do have is inexplicably not hooked up to the leisure battery and doesn't work unless the engine or key is on. At least it wasn't on the 2017 Ocean I recently rented. It seems like extremely poor product design.

I think there's an another annoying thing about this, which is that the usb port you do have is inexplicably not hooked up to the leisure battery and doesn't work unless the engine or key is on. At least it wasn't on the 2017 Ocean I recently rented. It seems like extremely poor product design.
How can it be inexplicably?
Its a meda port connected to the media system so nothing to do with the leisure side.

After taking delivery of my new ocean last week I am a little disappointed that there is no usb in centre cubby hole. I understood that when you got the app connect option that there would be 2 usb, but I only have the 1 in the glove box. I have contacted SMG but have been informed that all new ocean's just have the one. I'm a bit miffed as its a pain having to stretch over to the glove box each time I get in, any ideas?
Regards
Simon
I fell for the same trap with ours, was not told the second one was an option.
I have since fitted a Brodit active mount and plugged it in behind into the glovebox.
IMG_3895.JPG

Is there any link to having the Discovery Media plus as an option?

Just seeing this - im buying a virtually new cali ocean and it only has one I think usb in the glove compartment - they are quoting £349& vat to fit in the cubby hole. Anyone else found a cheaper way??

If having a USB fitted its worth checking where it's getting its 12v supply from as they normally are drawing current even when nothing is plugged in. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has come across a socket that is isolated when not in use.

Did you also get a usb fitted? Not sure if VW has to do it to ensure the pp connect links to it?

No, we just had the hookup installed. They are very knowledgeable as also do full camper conversions, so just give them a call for anything specific.

Back