Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

USB lights remains on and cushions

mikeelawson

mikeelawson

BOOMEL
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have a VW T6.1 Ocean and have noticed that despite locking the van, anything in the USB and 12 volt sockets remain on and charging (Dashcam, Phone), is this normal? Also if I leave a light on inside, again after locking this remains on potentially draining the battery.

Lastly can anyone point me to links where I can find cushions for the the tailgate folding chairs that can remain when packed away?

Regards,

Mike

I have a VW T6.1 Ocean and have noticed that despite locking the van, anything in the USB and 12 volt sockets remain on and charging (Dashcam, Phone), is this normal? Also if I leave a light on inside, again after locking this remains on potentially draining the battery.

Lastly can anyone point me to links where I can find cushions for the the tailgate folding chairs that can remain when packed away?

Regards,

Mike
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/camping-chair-seat-pads-pack-two

I am not sure if they are any good but 2 positive reviews.

Regards,

Mike
On my 5.1, the 12v sockets are always live. You can choose to charge things or not when you are away from the van, but if you don't want to you have to unplug them. The lights over the rear view mirror will go off after a delay if left on with the van locked, but the rear living area lights are manual and will stay on until they are manually switched off. As far as I know, that hasn't changed, but a 6.1 owner may want to comment. They're low consumption LED's, but I have made a habit of checking the rear area lights before walking away from the van.

On my 5.1, the 12v sockets are always live. You can choose to charge things or not when you are away from the van, but if you don't want to you have to unplug them.
Have always been that way I believe, dash sockets also work of the engine battery rather than the leisure batteries...

dash sockets also work of the engine battery rather than the leisure batteries...
That seems to be a total crap shoot depending on what the factory was wiring that week, but a large number of us have tested and found that the dash ashtray socket runs off the engine battery and the top of dash socket runs off the leisure battery. All combinations have been reported however.

Use a piggy back fuse & wire your dashcam to the heater/ventilation fuse, then it will only be live when ignition is on.

On our 5.1 one dash socket runs off leisure, 1 runs off main battery.

Back