Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using a Nutri Bullet ?

la Bollito

la Bollito

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Guys ,

Im a big juice fan you know smoothies all that good stuff , so my question is :
Could I use this in the van on the leisure battery or would I need to keep the van going for the few minutes while I use the juicer ?
or where can I see the power of my battery ?
I think its hidden way under on of the storage cupboards.

Thanks you in advance
ro

Guys ,

Im a big juice fan you know smoothies all that good stuff , so my question is :
Could I use this in the van on the leisure battery or would I need to keep the van going for the few minutes while I use the juicer ?
or where can I see the power of my battery ?
I think its hidden way under on of the storage cupboards.

Thanks you in advance
ro

We have a nutri bullet. Unless you are on hook up it will not work even if you are running the engine. I am not sure if an inverter might power it. I think they are about 600w. Hope that helps

thanks trailertrash
I do have a inverter but I wonder would it use up all my power of the leisure battery ?
cheers

thanks trailertrash
I do have a inverter but I wonder would it use up all my power of the leisure battery ?
cheers
You can do the sums - 600w for 1 min at 240 Volts ( Mains ) = about 3 amps/min

Using a 12/240 Inverter of at least 600 w output would mean about 60 amps/min at 12v.

My calculations may not be totally correct, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct them, but I think the ball park figure is about right.

You can do the sums - 600w for 1 min at 240 Volts ( Mains ) = about 3 amps/min

Using a 12/240 Inverter of at least 600 w output would mean about 60 amps/min at 12v.

My calculations may not be totally correct, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct them, but I think the ball park figure is about right.

WG, you are indeed in the right ball park.

Watts = Volts x Amps

Assuming all the conversions achieves 100% efficiency then:
upload_2017-2-7_15-16-12.png
So the Cali inverter is rated at 0.625 Amps max. The average/typical juicer rated at 450 Watts needs about 2 Amps at 240 Volts to work properly.

So no it wont work without hook up.

I don't think using a Nutri bullet on a campsite would make you very popular, they are not exactly quiet machines :Nailbiting

There are battery powered versions available. :) Not as powerful but could be worth a go.

A few days juice out a botlle probally won't kill you:D
Saves the space anyhow..

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Ok guys thanks for the feedback. Ill have to find a way of stealing electricity from unsuspecting people while they adnire my T4 ;)
and now that Ive got your ear
can anyone tell me what this is : see pic
its just above the electic mains in and the fuses behind the driver seat
its looks like the cigarette charger
thank again
ro
van charger thingy.jpg

Thanks Loz
and what can I use if for ?

It has thesame features as a normal 12v socket (cigaret lighter) but only can be used with specific shaped plug.
Called "Hella plug" as Hella sells diffrent things like readinglamps,coffemakers,fans,...mostly used in trucks(lorry's) but they use 24v i guess .
Don't think many use this socket in thiere Cali , you might change it in a normal 12v cigaret plug .

It has thesame features as a normal 12v socket (cigaret lighter) but only can be used with specific shaped plug.
Called "Hella plug" as Hella sells diffrent things like readinglamps,coffemakers,fans,...mostly used in trucks(lorry's) but they use 24v i guess .
Don't think many use this socket in thiere Cali , you might change it in a normal 12v cigaret plug .

You can get Hella to cigarette socket converters on the bay of evil.

we make our smoothies up before we travel and bottle them, they last around 4-5 days in the fidge.

Back