Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using Day Shelter?

pauldons

pauldons

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi All, can anyone advise me. We have a Large outwell day shelter, its 3.66m×3.66m, so its big. Is it too big to use on a pitch I wonder on a campervan pitch? We dont use a drive away awning.Are they generally permitted in campsites? We have used it tent camping off course. It's very handy to put up, and I'd like to have it if we were staying for 3 or more days for the kids to lounge around in/ store bits and pieces. Any thoughts welcome!

i think it will be hard to give a definitive answer, as it was vary from campsite to campsite. Some campsites don't like separate tents that arent attached in some way, others are fine with it.

I have seen some huge tents used as awnings so I would expect someone here has probably used something and will have experience.

Thanks for replying, I understand what you are saying, I see some big awnings etc/ tents in use with motorhomes/caravans/ campers in certain campsites and they can be frowned upon in others i guess. This summer we are taking a few weeks along the Irish coast, I nearly know where we may be staying I'm better off to phone them and ask I guess.

That's what I was going to recommend doing just give them a call with your sizes, we have never had any problems just so long as they know in advance which they always appreciate anyway :thumb

That's what I was going to recommend doing just give them a call with your sizes, we have never had any problems just so long as they know in advance which they always appreciate anyway :thumb
Great, ,thanks for sharing your experience, will see how we go over the course of the summer months, we may look at buying a small drive away awning in the future, but not in any hurry.

Back