Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using the space under the driving seat for storage.

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just made a plate to go across the front of the drivers seat base to stop any stored items under there from coming out and going under the pedals with disastrous consequences.

I used some 1.5mm aluminium sheet and 2 M6 x 25 bolts and in true Blue Peter tradition I covered the front in black sticky "Fablon". MDF or ply wood would be ok you might need longer bolts.

Just be careful to allow room for the wire that goes up to the seat cushion not to get snagged when you rotate the seat.

I used the top one of the three holes already drilled on the "inside". of the front of the seat base
20140823_162720_zpsb1238565.jpg

20140823_163952_zps6f95a638.jpg

20140823_165442_zpsa0fbd2ca.jpg

20140823_165630_zpse3cc6753.jpg

Great idea and work there I think I will copy this :thumb

Should have gone on Dragons Den with this I think :D
Do you want my bank details to send the royalties :laugh2

:upsidedown yes send me your bank details inc pin and I will deposit a little bit in :laugh2

Do you have an Uncle in Zambia with few Million he wants to park in my account as well? :laugh2

T5WOB said:
i just keep my jump leads under there .i not investing so i am out :D
It would stop your jump leads jumping out :laugh2

T5WOB said:
i just keep my jump leads under there .i not investing so i am out :D
Surely you mean ooot, if you're Duncan MacBannatine :laugh2

Unfortunately I have my CD Changer there so my space is a little more restricted. Did manage to get six cans of Pepsi in there though... My CD changer position prevents items rolling forward... Great idea!

Re: Using the space under the driving seat for storage.n

calicasas said:
Unfortunately I have my CD Changer there so my space is a little more restricted. Did manage to get six cans of Pepsi in there though... My CD changer position prevents items rolling forward... Great idea!

Watch out with cans soda ...i had sevral cans stored there and somehow one of them seemd to make contact with a sharp metal edge moving around while driving... , result a very small perforation and 7-up all over the place.....took me a while to find out where it came from and even more time to clean it up :headbang

As for preventing things to roll out , a left hand drive has got the fire extinguisher bolted in front of the (for me ) passenger seat so no problems with that.
The plastik cover in the back can easyly be pulled out.

There is also a possibility to fit a safe under there and fit a special "easy removeble plastic cover"

Now i strore some fluo-vests , safety- kit , dog- things , plastic waste bags , ...in there.

Back