Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van Bits

S

simonwilletts

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
For any new Cali owner like me that is wishing to but bits for their van then shop around.....seems obvious I know but when one of the reccomended outlets from our club is Van Bits and offers a 5% discount its too easy to get over enthusisastic and purchase without shopping around especially when calling and speaking with a representative of Van Bits them selves and them assuring you that they are the cheapest around for most bits.....by most it clearly did not mean awnings.

They emailed me and asked for a review which I dont normally have time to do, but felt compelled to and copied in for you so others can benefit from my complacency......

I would like to think someone from Van Bits would contact me to address what may have been a mistake.......I will keep you posted..

I was emailed and asked to leave a review of my purchases last week...After phoning and asking about any relevant promo codes for my purchase I was kindly directed to the california membership to access 5% discount....but was assured Van bits were the lowest price anyway... I joined as a VIP member and have no regrets......Taking Vanbits at their word (why should I not) I purchased this awning for £1199.00 plus a drivaaway kit at £22.99 A rone awning carpet £78.99 and vango Sunbeam awning lighting starter kit that I was assured could be attatched to my awning....(no it can't) £49.99
After purchasing I found that you can purchase this awning for £999.00 from other sellers and a week later Van Bits reduces its price by £200 from what I paid, to match, which leaves a bad taste.
I am a member of California club now which is nothing to do with Van bits I hope, but its a great forum and of course the 5% discount should have more than covered my membership cost from the discount from my Van bits purchases but does not come close to bringing Van bits prices inline with other sellers......Very disappointed with the value and advise over the phone.....
However for £999.00 for this awning the vaulue would be about right for what you get in comparrison with other awnings in the Vango range.....There are no fixings tabs for the Vango Sunbeam lights or any lights so buy a torch.

That must be a special Awning at 1200 quid. :eek:

What type is it? The Thule 5102 is the factory one, I think its
a lot cheaper.

For any new Cali owner like me that is wishing to but bits for their van then shop around.....seems obvious I know but when one of the reccomended outlets from our club is Van Bits and offers a 5% discount its too easy to get over enthusisastic and purchase without shopping around especially when calling and speaking with a representative of Van Bits them selves and them assuring you that they are the cheapest around for most bits.....by most it clearly did not mean awnings.

They emailed me and asked for a review which I dont normally have time to do, but felt compelled to and copied in for you so others can benefit from my complacency......

I would like to think someone from Van Bits would contact me to address what may have been a mistake.......I will keep you posted..

I was emailed and asked to leave a review of my purchases last week...After phoning and asking about any relevant promo codes for my purchase I was kindly directed to the california membership to access 5% discount....but was assured Van bits were the lowest price anyway... I joined as a VIP member and have no regrets......Taking Vanbits at their word (why should I not) I purchased this awning for £1199.00 plus a drivaaway kit at £22.99 A rone awning carpet £78.99 and vango Sunbeam awning lighting starter kit that I was assured could be attatched to my awning....(no it can't) £49.99
After purchasing I found that you can purchase this awning for £999.00 from other sellers and a week later Van Bits reduces its price by £200 from what I paid, to match, which leaves a bad taste.
I am a member of California club now which is nothing to do with Van bits I hope, but its a great forum and of course the 5% discount should have more than covered my membership cost from the discount from my Van bits purchases but does not come close to bringing Van bits prices inline with other sellers......Very disappointed with the value and advise over the phone.....
However for £999.00 for this awning the vaulue would be about right for what you get in comparrison with other awnings in the Vango range.....There are no fixings tabs for the Vango Sunbeam lights or any lights so buy a torch.

Have you contacted CampervanBits to discuss your grievances?

They used to offer a price match guarantee on driveaway awnings.

It might be that they had the awning on at £1199, then found a seller offering the same for £999 so reduced to match, and you bought at just the wrong time.

So I suggest you speak with them.

We have the Sunbeam 450 kit - same as you but with 4 strips not 2, and find it easy to use with our Vango Hexaway.

5ddc1d3e4a48d7b8758adcf13f71f2ab.jpg

We don’t use the sky track system, but I think that with the addition of a few clips it is even easier to use.

I would have purchased another new cheaper one a week later at the reduced price, and then returned it same day for a refund against the receipt from the earlier purchased one.

I would have just contacted them for a friendly chat, sure it could have been worked out.
Nick and the guys at campervanbits (the club shop) are great. We’ve dealt with them a lot and had excellent service from them.
I would contact them and discuss it.

Good advice...but surely if they ask for reviews of their products they would read them and perhaps read their emails, I know I do for our business especially if customer satisfaction is important.

I clearly have too much money or just stupid but not using them again will be my prefered option as trust is lost especially if I have to beg.

Thanks anyway for your kind advise and that of everyone on this string.... will do the rest of my purchases at busfest this weekend.