Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van running "hot"

Chrismatheson

Chrismatheson

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So we just did our first long-ish drive, and something I noticed is that the back vent seemed to be kicking out heat regardless of the AC setting (both sets)

My theory is the the after market diesel heater could be "running" whenever the van is driving? does this sound possibly / normal /not-a-thing?

we got about 33Mpg which seems about normal for mixed motorway/single carriageway 50Mph roads, so maybe the heater wasn't drawing anything ‍♂️

little lost, wondering if anyone has any advise on things to check or whatever

Best bet would be to contact the After Market Heater supplier/fitter.

if you have 3 zone. the rear heater can be on. press 'rear' and then turn that down or off. if the diesel heater was running it will blow out of the b pillar vent and you will hear it burning and shutting down. you will need to be in the control panel to turn that off

What @flying banana says happened to us, after yours truly had been messing with the rear heating control! When we couldn’t cool the van, it took a few moments for the penny to drop :headbang .

Regarding the diesel heater, as it’s after market, it could be running. On the standard Cali supplied heater, it can run when driving on the Heat Immediately option.

Pretty sure coolant heaters have internal stats so regardless of whether it’s switched on or not, water temp will shut it down.

Pretty sure coolant heaters have internal stats so regardless of whether it’s switched on or not, water temp will shut it down.
I think the OP was referring to a Diesel Parking Heater.
So we just did our first long-ish drive, and something I noticed is that the back vent seemed to be kicking out heat regardless of the AC setting (both sets)

My theory is the the after market diesel heater could be "running" whenever the van is driving? does this sound possibly / normal /not-a-thing?

we got about 33Mpg which seems about normal for mixed motorway/single carriageway 50Mph roads, so maybe the heater wasn't drawing anything ‍♂️

little lost, wondering if anyone has any advise on things to check or whatever
Check very carefully that the rear AirCon/Heater is not on heat. Press the Rear button on the Climatronic Control dash and press Synchro, to set its temperature the same as the front.

There is a Rear Heater vent by the sliding door/ bench seat that will blow hot air onto the rear of the drivers seat where your Parking Heater vent is situated.

Back