Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango AirAway (Airbeam) driveway camper/MH awnings

I have seen these and they are very good ...I had a jump about in one and inflated one ... one issue the small is smaller than the kyham classic and the large airaway is larger and a lot more expensive. I find the motordome classic a perfect size and with the large Vango Airaway most site's will charge you 2 pitches with the larger one ,as some even want to charge you for 2 pitches with the motordome classic ..Least it opens the market up and gives us more choice ;) :thumb

+1 for Vango quality too.

I know they do low end kit too but we have their sleeping bags, Therma-rest copies and nuclear bomb proof Equinox 450 tent and all are brilliant quality. An excellent company.

California Vango anyone? ;) :lol: :lol:

I love intuitive new ideas. I know that Vango did not come up with this one but the price is very competitive. :clap

This concept looks to be a step forward from the current range of awnings. Quick to erect, light weight, and looks good for strong winds (see video of airbeam tent in the wind tunnel). :thumb

Khyam beware. :eek:

John

They had this displayed at the Motorhome show.

Very impressed and probably the one I'll buy. :thumb

Rilla said:

did the sizing look ok rilla ..???
i see they have 2 sizes

choplee said:
Rilla said:

did the sizing look ok rilla ..???
i see they have 2 sizes

Hi Lee, I thought the size seemed fine. They only had the smallest version on show.

VangoPage1.jpg

VangoPage2.jpg

It looks like the small is smaller than the kyham motordome classic that is a perfect size and the large ,as much as it will be a great space will mean you get charged for 2 pitches on a campsite ,due to it's length, but i can see the small being a good seller and would look at it if it was just the two of us . :D

I probably would have bought the airbeam if it had been available at the time of my Khyam purchase. My only concern with the airbeam would be the time it takes to deflate and get packed away..one thing I used to hate about blow up mattresses was the hassle of deflating them and then trying to get them back in the original bag.

Back