Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango awning connector stopping door from closing

Rozzie50

Rozzie50

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
i wonder if anyone can help. I am new to this awning as I usually prefer to arrive and be ready.

I bought a Vango Kela 3 awning and the Bango connection kit with the figure of 8. There is where the problem starts.
1. The option that was sent was too long (see picture)
2. I now cannot open or close the door as it in now jammed into the figure of 8.
3. The doors do not open now as they are hitting against the awning.

I KNOW I am doing something wrong. Please help!

i wonder if anyone can help. I am new to this awning as I usually prefer to arrive and be ready.

I bought a Vango Kela 3 awning and the Bango connection kit with the figure of 8. There is where the problem starts.
1. The option that was sent was too long (see picture)
2. I now cannot open or close the door as it in now jammed into the figure of 8.
3. The doors do not open now as they are hitting against the awning.

I KNOW I am doing something wrong. Please help!
No picture, I'm afraid.

Ok. Try winding out the side awning an inch or two to see if that gives clearance and move the vango back a bit to clear the drivers door.

I have this setup. The idea is to wind out the awning about six inches, get everything connected up then wind it back in to tension the awning, ending up with it an inch or two out.

Regarding the connector being too long, you can just cut it down to the right size.

You can cut the kador strip to size once you're happy with the position

Ok. Try winding out the side awning an inch or two to see if that gives clearance and move the vango back a bit to clear the drivers door.
I don't think the VANGO clears the drivers door even when as far back as it can go (which is how I usually set mine up).