Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango Galli III (or Kampa Touring Air)

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I've an old Kela that is beyond the end of it's life & would like something a bit bigger and more 'free standing'.

I'm interested in the Vango Galli III -- having read the reviews here (most from a couple of years back) there seemed to be concerns about:

1) water pooling on the tunnel
2) non-breathable groundsheet.

Are these real issues? Any thoughts on this awning would be most appreciated

I've an old Kela that is beyond the end of it's life & would like something a bit bigger and more 'free standing'.

I'm interested in the Vango Galli III -- having read the reviews here (most from a couple of years back) there seemed to be concerns about:

1) water pooling on the tunnel
2) non-breathable groundsheet.

Are these real issues? Any thoughts on this awning would be most appreciated
We have the Galli 3 compact and have no concerns at all.

We have stopped trying to use the separate Vango groundsheet template sheets - these were just too much faff and did not add anything.

The vango carpet is nice to have.

We place a breathable groundsheet underneath the awning. This provides some additional ground cover beyond the awning itself.

It means that we are never packing away the awning with ground debris.

The breathable groundsheet goes in to its own storage bag, and we hang it up, hose it down, and dry when back home.

Watching with interest. The alternative is the Kampa Touring Air

Hi @Kallista - thanks - I wasn't aware of the Kampa offering. They look quite similar.... anyone here got that one?

In summary, both are polyester, however the Galli has colourlock so should retain it's appearance for longer.

The Galli doesnt come with rooms, whereas the Kampa Air does (2x rooms, 2 persons in each).

The Kampa is a darker fabric and a bit more 'enclosed' in it's feeling, versus the Galli which is far more open and airy.

Subsequently you can look to add an additional £200 for the Galli to reach the same 'spec'.

Big fan of our Galli 3. Got the carpet and 1 bedroom (unused so far!) and ground sheet too.

As mentioned it does feel airy and bright, which creates a nice space to be in.

We bought the Galli 3 for a conversion and not a Cali but then bought a Cali instead so we have to generally park forward but its not proven an issue at all.

The galli 3 gets a big :thumb from us!

@Sunstoner Hey. I am scouring the forums for Galli III reviews and came across your :thumb.... I need a reasonable sized awning for adding a bedroom to. I saw the Galli at a show last year and liked the quality. One thing though is the size of the bag when packed. How do you find it? Where does it fit in your van? Thanks :thanks

@Sunstoner Hey. I am scouring the forums for Galli III reviews and came across your :thumb.... I need a reasonable sized awning for adding a bedroom to. I saw the Galli at a show last year and liked the quality. One thing though is the size of the bag when packed. How do you find it? Where does it fit in your van? Thanks :thanks
Its fits nicely underneath rear shelf. When I say nicely, i mean snuggly. You can get a few other bits and pieces slotted in and around it. Even more so with seats slid forward.

We're still quite new to this, having only stayed at a handful of sites since getting our van last year, so we're still taking everything but the kitchen sink...mostly because theres already one in van ;-) . We love the Galli III, it gives us and our youngsters a great place chill when not in the van. Would definitely recommend it.

I ought to add that as well as the main bag for the awning, theres the pump, the extra ground sheet, the carpet, the bedroom, the awning attachment to the van and the skyliner which have their own little bags too, allbeit very small ones. :-D

Last edited:
Back