Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango Galli RSV

Popthetop

Popthetop

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all,

We've decided that we're going to purchase Vango Galli. With a Cali it's ideally an RSV, but I'm sure I've read that some campsites only allow awnings to the left of the van, in which case it'd be better to buy the normal one and park the van nose in? Has anybody had any experience of this?

Thanks, and Happy Christmas..!

Cheers, Lee.

I raised this a while back and the consensus seemed to be that club sites can demand that the awning has to be on the right.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/vango-2017-range-and-galli-with-left-hand-attachment.15575/

In terms of having maximum flexibility I'd probably just go without the standard awning and go nose in as you say. Would defeat the point of an expensive purchase to be told you can't use it.

If you're concerned about site restrictions you might also want to think about restrictions on groundsheets. Thats what has pushed me away from the Galli (which was No1 on my to-buy list for a while). I came across a few nice looking sites who all seemed to have stipulations about lifting the groundsheet or having a breathable one. It just seems like one more thing to worry about it if you have a traditional sewn in one. I'm waiting till the next Caravan and Camping Show at the NEC in Feb for a better look round but will most likely go for the Outdoor Revolution MoveAirLite 2017 which was a zip out standard groundsheet and optional extra zip in breathable sheet. Not as big as the Galli but can be extended on both sides with additional annexes and no worries about tetchy wardens and big yellow grass patches.

Sorry, i took that off-piste a bit but awning shopping seems to be a minefield.

Not off-piste at all. I had thought about the ground sheet, but TBH dismissed it a bit, for no real reason. As you say its a minefield, I've already made an error with a Khyam [now returned] that I don't want to repeat. I'll take a look at the MoveAirLite. Cheers, Lee.