Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango Galli

S

spitzie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
On the third trip with the awning and the third slightly different way of putting it up as the instructions leave a lot to guess work. But still is doesn't seem to be right.
I'm happy witj the awning attached to the camper wind out awning, it seems the right tension in the roof part but still can't seem to get the side doors correct. The just seem loose and flap a lot in the breeze.
Also the roof of the tent part tends to sag.
Please can someone else with Vango Galli please advise on the order they peg things and how they peg the side doors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We have one and it took a couple of goes to get it right. Tension is the thing. We ensure that the van is just far enough away so that the tension is good to the wind out awning when it’s wound in. In fact we find is best if there is about 1-2cm of the wind out awning still out as the drive away awning is fully tensioned. This also stops the side door fouling on the awning kador strip. When it’s tensioned like this the side panels of the drive away awning are also better tensioned. We peg them close to the van, and if necessary a little angled to get the best tension - ie not necessarily at 90 degrees to the van.
Ensure that the straps to the front and rear of the driveway awning are well tensioned and you shouldn't find water filling the roof nor the roof sagging.
I’m making it sound more complex than it is, stick with it and keep trying to get the best tension you can. We are very happy with ours. I hope that may give you some pointers. :thumb

Ditto. Also still trying to stop the roof of the tunnel pooling with water when it rains. It does seem to be tricky to get the fore-aft tension right on the joining corridor. I also leave a few cm of the wind out, out to clear the door. The figure-of-8 join also tends to drip and that ensures it drips on to the ground and not into the door.

Thanks for the advice. Move on from Cheddar to Woolacombe tomorrow so will try those suggestions then.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back