Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VED revised price?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Waiting for our dealer to come back to us with news on the VED reduction, does anyone know what the new VED prices are, on our invoice it says £2,190 (ouch!) but understand this has been reduced. Anyone know what it could be now, we have ordered a T6.1 4Motion (two tone) with a few extras. Waiting for new production/possible delivery date and updated invoice. Our original production date was week 16. Our first California so very excited, been a long wait so far!

New rates are in the VW UK brochure dated 1 May 2020. You can download from their website and send to your dealer. They should know! I spoke to my dealer last week and it was one of the first things he said to me, without prompting from me.

Hi
Can confirm the new price would be £265 for the California. Hope this helps.
So mine that was taxed on 2nd of March is going to be moved to the lower rate ?

Also have the logbook stating mpv been changed to motor caravan?
If so then the one’s that are mpv should be reclassified?

So mine that was taxed on 2nd of March is going to be moved to the lower rate ?

Also have the logbook stating mpv been changed to motor caravan?
If so then the one’s that are mpv should be reclassified?
Hi I don’t believe this is the case that they are being backdated as far as I’m aware. Have you spoken to VWCV or the DVLA?
I’m 99% certain they haven’t been changed on the log book but will check this in the morning for you.

Hi I don’t believe this is the case that they are being backdated as far as I’m aware. Have you spoken to VWCV or the DVLA?
I’m 99% certain they haven’t been changed on the log book but will check this in the morning for you.
Thanks tom much appreciated

I haven’t spoken to anybody as yet just wanted to get my facts right?
The dealer taxed our 6.1 ocean on the 2nd of March 20 the day of collecting .
Around £1250 from memory
Then we hit lockdown so it’s done 250 miles
If I was to tax it today would the same vehicle be only £270 pa.?
No 40k penalty?
If this is correct I won’t be very happy and who should I contact
Thanks again tom
Jason

Thanks tom much appreciated

I haven’t spoken to anybody as yet just wanted to get my facts right?
The dealer taxed our 6.1 ocean on the 2nd of March 20 the day of collecting .
Around £1250 from memory
Then we hit lockdown so it’s done 250 miles
If I was to tax it today would the same vehicle be only £270 pa.?
No 40k penalty?
If this is correct I won’t be very happy and who should I contact
Thanks again tom
Jason
In fairness to the dealer we didn’t know that the VED had changed and it was gonna change due to the budget as if we did we would of been able to advise customers.
I can confirm if registered now it would be £270. You wouldn’t have the 40k penalty of it being a luxury vehicle tax and then wouldn’t subsequently pay the £465 a year for four years.
The only people I could advise to contact would be customer care for Volkswagen.

New rates are in the VW UK brochure dated 1 May 2020. You can download from their website and send to your dealer. They should know! I spoke to my dealer last week and it was one of the first things he said to me, without prompting from me.
Thanks will have a look at this, dealer was aware of the changes and going to get back to me with an updated invoice, think he is probably wanting to do this when he also has more info on possible delivery date!

Sorry I was replaying on my phone earlier, didn't have the info to hand - see screenshot from current brochure below. We are buying from Robinson's Norwich, given your previous posts is that the same for you?

1591041356631.png

Sorry I was replaying on my phone earlier, didn't have the info to hand - see screenshot from current brochure below. We are buying from Robinson's Norwich, given your previous posts is that the same for you?

View attachment 60208
Yes we are, was told about the VED change a while back but would be updated with correct info when they were back in the office which I think was late last week. Spoken to Martin and he is trying to get info on a delivery/production date, fingers crossed, he hopes we will have collection from them latest end of July but he didn't want to confirm that, I'm not sure we will :(

End of July, that would be amazing if they achieve that - good luck. Hopefully by August we might be allowed out again to play, and stay!

In fairness to the dealer we didn’t know that the VED had changed and it was gonna change due to the budget as if we did we would of been able to advise customers.
I can confirm if registered now it would be £270. You wouldn’t have the 40k penalty of it being a luxury vehicle tax and then wouldn’t subsequently pay the £465 a year for four years.
The only people I could advise to contact would be customer care for Volkswagen.
So I presume new California registrations are now N1, PLG, Body Type Motor Caravan/Motorhome/Campervan ?

End of July, that would be amazing if they achieve that - good luck. Hopefully by August we might be allowed out again to play, and stay!
Think we will need good luck to have our California by end of July, can but hope

If this came into play on the 12th of March would the dealer of known on the 2nd of March?
I suspect not as the Budget announcement was on 11th March and Budget changes tend to not be publicly disclosed until the announcement itself.

I suspect not as the Budget announcement was on 11th March and Budget changes tend to not be publicly disclosed until the announcement itself.
I agree .
Our dealer was s always transparent and I definitely do trust him...
It seems some still don’t know ?
it’s a bitter pill to swallow knowing that 10 days later I could of saved a grand especially as we went straight into lockdown so we literally drove it to the lakes then home it’s never moved since.
I’ll be looking into It for sure

I agree .
it’s a bitter pill to swallow knowing that 10 days later I could of saved a grand especially as we went straight into lockdown so we literally drove it to the lakes then home it’s never moved since.
10 days later and your Cali might have been parked up at the dealer with no charging of leisure batteries for 2.5 months and you not being able to enjoy it, even if just on your driveway. Hopefully that makes you feel slightly better...

10 days later and your Cali might have been parked up at the dealer with no charging of leisure batteries for 2.5 months and you not being able to enjoy it, even if just on your driveway. Hopefully that makes you feel slightly better...
Thankyou :)
you definitely have a point .
We have been for short drives ,slept in it ,
sat in it and washed it so yep it is definitely good it being on the drive

We picked our new Cali up Sep 19 and paying the high ved band plus wealth tax. No happy now.

I agree .
Getting VW to agree to some form of redress when it is their issue is hard enough. When it is a change in the UK Government's Budget, personally I would not even bother calling them - as galling as that might be.

After five years, Cali's registered with the initial high tax will become good buys because of their then lower VED. Our dilemma is, having just sold our Cali, do we wait to replace and try to pick up one of these VED " bargains " ? No probably not as I'm 75 in August, no presents please.

Hi I have a T6.1 that was collected on the 2nd March with VED charged at £1800.
I have written to Swansea asking for advice as they are not taking calls during the lockdown. Have been told that you have to take the hit, seems so unfair. Will wait for a reply but not holding my breath !!!

Back